Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Advice: Increased access request

(4 Posts)
user1482598460 Mon 26-Dec-16 22:36:45

Hi,

My ex and I split about two years ago. Since then he's had the children around 4-5 days a month. This has been pretty consistent since we split and the children are happy with this. He moved back to his parents and was happy with the children visiting at the agreed frequency. Now he has a new partner and moved in a few months ago. If he asks for increased access where do I stand?

The children are happy in their current routine and he's never claimed he only saw them for the 5 days each month due to where he was living, but am just worried he might ask for more now.

Anyone been in this situation or have some advice? Hopefully it wont happen as for one would be worried how it would impact the children.

GreenGoblin0 Tue 27-Dec-16 20:20:48

How old are the children?

what makes you think he will ask to see them more?

does he currently have them overnight?

what makes you think it would be detrimental to your children for the current arrangements to be increased?

SarahOoo Tue 27-Dec-16 20:23:33

He's their dad for goodness sake, as long as he isn't some dangerous loon then why wouldn't you allow him more access? The impact on your 'shared' children....only positive!

OneWithTheForce Tue 27-Dec-16 20:24:43

Why would more access be a problem for the children?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now