Talk

Advanced search

14 week old refusing bottle.

(3 Posts)
YepYep1 Sat 24-Dec-16 12:36:44

Hi all i am verging on desperate!

My 14 week old has always been exclusively bottle fed. She was taking 5-7oz 5 times a day. However this last week she will scream the second the bottle touches her lips. She does her usual whinge when hungry but just will not take a bottle.
The doctor has given her Gaviscon but it has made no difference. I thought it may be her teeth so was giving her some pain relief before her feed so it had time to kick in and nothing.
Have changed her teat size which worked for one feed but then we were back to screaming.
If i stop trying to feed her she will suck everything she can vigorously but still wont take her bottle.
The rest of the day she is fine laughing and smiling.
I am just concerned at how little she is now taking. Last night she took 7oz at 7pm and slept until 6.30am, but still would not take any milk this morning.

I am at a complete and utter loss.

Heirhelp Sun 25-Dec-16 19:25:17

Has she taken any milk? Go back to the dr. It maybe reflux and she need rantadine or more.

YepYep1 Mon 26-Dec-16 12:59:39

She akways takes exactly 3oz then screams. Strange thing is she doesbt do it at night only in the day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now