Talk

Advanced search

Any tips for when they are soo overtired??

(4 Posts)
uhoh2016 Wed 21-Dec-16 22:11:59

Ds (2) hasn't napped today.(not through the lack of me trying) I put him to bed at 6 as he couldn't stay awake any longer thinking that would be him for the night - WRONG!! He woke up 45 min later and has been awake since tossing and turning whingeing and crying. His eyes are rolling back in his head but as soon as it seems he's dropping off he sits up to start wailing and the process starts again- were both drained. He's got a bit of a cough so I've put vicks on his chest and even a bit of calpol incase he's in any pain.

KatyN Fri 23-Dec-16 07:44:18

I go for whatever soothes them to sleep... so cuddling on the sofa or (in a desperate measure driving around). Then once they are in a deep sleep (this is the critical step) I transfer them to bed.
Normally I am a bit harsh about helping them fall asleep (so my 1 and 5 year old go to bed awake) but when they are hanging I help as much as I can.
I might even go for calpol if I think they are a bit poorly..
hope you fit a better night
K

ODog Fri 23-Dec-16 21:54:57

I bring them into my bed and lay with them when they are like this. I just read or look at my phone while they toss and turn and get back to sleep. They seem to find it easier in my bed when I'm there too.

Artandco Fri 23-Dec-16 21:57:16

I bring them into our bed, lamp on dim and either read books whilst they settle to sleep or make up stories. Both whilst encouraging they to lay down and eys closed so I can continue story. Usually snoring in under 15mins

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now