Talk

Advanced search

Baby wrap/sling

(6 Posts)
charley3005 Wed 21-Dec-16 20:39:01

I have been bought one of those baby wrap sling things for my 9day old baby, I really want to use it as it's going to make things loads easier! I have watched videos on YouTube on how to use them, I'm just concerned as I don't actually know how tight it should be, I did put baby in it and she seemed happy although I wasn't keen as her legs were on one side, please can someone reassure me and give me any advice at all? Xx

ZZZZ1111 Wed 21-Dec-16 21:54:22

Is there a sling library near you? If you drop in they can check for you.

charley3005 Wed 21-Dec-16 22:06:41

Unfortunately not, there are a few mum and toddler groups but not sure if this is the place

ChipIn Wed 21-Dec-16 22:12:28

What do you mean her legs were on one side? Could you post a photo of baby in it?

welshweasel Wed 21-Dec-16 22:16:22

When you tie the wrap do it pretty much as tight as you can manage. Once baby is in it, you should be able to kiss the top of their head and if you press on their back they shouldn't move/uncurl at all. There's lots of YouTube videos that will help you. I loved my stretchy wrap, I used to put it on in the morning then pop the baby in and out all day. We went for lunch, to the cinema, shopping etc, never a sound!

Ohhhhbother Wed 21-Dec-16 23:36:28

If it's a stretchy wrap tie it nice and tight. It'll stretch to accommodate the baby. Your aiming for an m shape with legs and hips. Which most babies, especially when they're young, do naturally. So knees higher than hips. Hope you get the hang of it. I love my slings, life saver when ds is going through a growth spurt and is being a Velcro baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now