Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bedtime routine

(3 Posts)
greenlizard Wed 21-Dec-16 10:45:48

I have a 21 month old DS whose bedtime routine is fairly structured and he sleeps really well (6.45 ish bath followed by stories and a song sleep by 7.30ish). I now have a 8 week old baby and want to start a routine off for her but she seems to be awake all evening (but always seems to need feeding when it's story time.for him). I bath them together.

What routines do you have that work? It is OK when DH is around as he outs DS to bed but when he has to work late it's pandemonium and I don't feel my son is getting as much of my time and attention as he deserves. Even if I feed the baby right before bath time she screeches to be fed again as soon as we settle down for stories. Help!

knaffedoff Wed 21-Dec-16 10:56:00

8 weeks is too young to start routines imo

ODog Wed 21-Dec-16 14:16:38

She's tiny. All get into your bed together and feed baby while you read toddler a story. Then you can either let toddler fall asleep on your bed and move him once asleep or walk him to his room after story.

I have a 2.5yo and a 7mo so was in your position a few months ago. Just do what works and be flexible. I have found rigidity around routines is your nemesis with 2.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now