Talk

Advanced search

Mongolian blue spot with hair getting darker

(6 Posts)
mischadee Tue 20-Dec-16 14:10:52

Hi
I put a post up a while ago about my daughter having a hairy Mongolian blue spot on the bottom left hand side of her back.
She's 13 months now and it seems to be getting darker and a lot more darker hair is growing on it.
Would it be time to take her back to the doctor to get it looked at?

MrsPeel1 Tue 20-Dec-16 20:00:30

If you are concerned, go to the doctor! I'm sure that you would feel better having your dd checked out.

sorenipples Tue 20-Dec-16 21:11:22

Maybe ask your gp for a referral to a paediatric dermatologist to check the diagnosis is correct. There is a small cancer risk with other types of birthmark so it's worth checking it is being properly monitored. GPs and health visitors and indeed general paediatricians are often not experts in birthmarks.

You could try the birthmark support group on Facebook for advice.

J0kersSmile Tue 20-Dec-16 21:13:09

Hmm my dcs both had these and they faded and weren't hairy. I'd get it checked out to make sure it is that and not a large mole or something.

minipie Thu 22-Dec-16 14:46:27

I remember your previous post. I think you should take her to the GP yes - I wonder if it's something else not a mongolian blue spot. (Not necessarily anything harmful though). If GP isn't sure what it is then press for referral to a dermatologist.

Bluntness100 Thu 22-Dec-16 14:53:56

I'd take her back, better to be safe.

I have one of these on my upper back, basically behind my shoulder, it's a light blue grey and not hairy , but it is noticeable and is about the size of my hand, I've lost count of the amount of people who say "what's that mark on your back" if I wear a strappy top or something. I've got Mediterannean parentage and apparently it's very common in Mediterannean children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now