Talk

Advanced search

Help with a gift suggestion for neighbour please

(13 Posts)
NapQueen Mon 19-Dec-16 22:34:51

She's due a little boy any day, and we share a front door! Just the two flats, rather than a whole block. Often exchange pleasantries but not "pop round for a drink" close.

I've got a card but would like to give her a small gift. I've had two kids of my own so you'd think I'd know but I want something less boring than just vests, but nothing so spendy that she feels obliged to start inviting me over.

Help!

thinkfast Mon 19-Dec-16 22:37:31

How much do you want to spend?

boopdoop Mon 19-Dec-16 22:38:57

How about a soft toy of some sort, or even baking a cake or something like that?

firsttimemum15 Mon 19-Dec-16 22:39:18

Wrist rattles. One of those bendy toys with little beads in. Both can be found in Home Bargains.
Small soft comfort blanket.
Small outfit/sleepsuit maybe from the sale.

The wrist rattles have always been a winner here though

NapQueen Mon 19-Dec-16 22:42:12

Maybe up to a tenner?

NapQueen Mon 19-Dec-16 22:42:57

Baking a cake is a brilliant idea and would cost nothing as I've usually got plenty baking ingredients in.

Groovester Mon 19-Dec-16 22:45:24

A baby fabric book. Something like this?

www.amazon.co.uk/Culater®-Animal-Development-Learning-Education/dp/B01ET6FVMM/ref=sr_1_3?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1482187451&sr=1-3&keywords=fabric+books+for+babies

NapQueen Mon 19-Dec-16 22:46:12

Oh that's nice!!

LillyBugg Mon 19-Dec-16 22:47:04

I vote for food! And when baby comes could you make a lasagne or something. It's so handy you being right there, honestly if I had a newborn and someone knocked on my door with a meal I would be so grateful.

NapQueen Mon 19-Dec-16 22:48:09

Hahaha I've given meals before and do think that is a good way to go!

NapQueen Mon 19-Dec-16 22:48:59

I don't mean meals to her. I mean to friends who've had kids but usually because I'm going round to visit the baby and taking it prezzies and my friend is the one who's done the work grin

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Mon 19-Dec-16 22:50:05

And little socks are always so cute. <feels broody>

thinkfast Tue 20-Dec-16 00:19:33

I'd say food. Something she can just eat without doing anything to. I remember the days of simply grabbing a slice of plain bread as there was nothing else in and baby wouldn't be put down for long enough to even make toast!

Wrist rattles are cute too though. And dribble bibs were always useful in this household!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now