Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ready made up lactose free baby milk

(6 Posts)
Heirhelp Mon 19-Dec-16 09:38:40

I am pretty sure the answer will be no but does ready made lactose free milk exist? If not what do you do when out and about?

dementedpixie Mon 19-Dec-16 20:26:59

Do you mean formula milk? It doesn't come in ready made cartons so you would need to either take hot water and measured out powder or take a made up bottle that has been chilled first and keep it in a cool bag and heat it when required. If kept in a cool bag it needs using within 4 hours

Heirhelp Mon 19-Dec-16 21:03:23

Thanks dementated. A another question from a clueless mother how do you make sure that the hot water that you take out with you stayed hot enough?

dementedpixie Mon 19-Dec-16 21:14:43

You can use a flask or put the bottle into an insulated bottle bag

annlee3817 Thu 22-Dec-16 23:32:32

I used to have a tommee tippee flask for hot water. I also took a bottle of cooled boiled water out as well. For a seven ounce bottle I used to put in seven scoops of formula, 3.5oz of hot water and once all mixed I topped up with the cooled boiled water to get the right temp smile

BunloafAndCrumpets Fri 23-Dec-16 07:14:16

Hi OP. I had a CMPA baby. If you can get nutramigen 1 formula prescribed, it doesn't need boiling water to prepare so a bit easier. I know it's a different thing to lactose intolerance but thought I'd mention it as nutramigen is lactose free too.

Whatever formula you use, I had a thing called 'mam milk powder dispenser' that was good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now