Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Easier mornings please?

(7 Posts)
meandyoujustustwo Sun 18-Dec-16 23:03:53

So recently iv been having to get up for work at 6:30 am and having to get my little girl up too so I can have her ready for nursery... but she really isn't a morning person (like me!) and her morning mood swings are so bad. She is in bed at 7 every night. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make her wake up a little better or give her a little boost in the morning?x

StrumpersPlunkett Sun 18-Dec-16 23:05:08

How old is she?
Does she have to be dressed and fed for nursery?

meandyoujustustwo Sun 18-Dec-16 23:10:29

She's 4. Yeah I have to dress and get her breakfast on the table by 7am for nursery at 8 x

ExtraPineappleExtraHam Sun 18-Dec-16 23:57:53

Will the opening of an advent calendar window be an incentive?

Slowdownsally Mon 19-Dec-16 00:07:17

My son has autism so we have fairly rigid routines to help him with the stress and upset of mornings. The thing that helps the most is astory in bed before he gets up. It does mean finding an extra ten minutes, but it's so worth it, as his mood is much better and it's a relaxing way to start the day.

We also have a picture time chart that he uses. Across the top are the times, and then underneath are pictures of things we have to do at those times. He made all the pictures. He can move them to the finish line when he's done them. It stops me from being chief nag and he likes completing the tasks.

Not sure if they might work for you, but thought it might be worth a mention.

Heirhelp Tue 20-Dec-16 11:41:30

Will nursery not give breakfast?

chloechloe Tue 20-Dec-16 14:22:28

I was going to ask the same - does nursery not offer breakfast? Alternatively could you give her something not too messy to eat on the way there like banana or apple and some toast?

I have to be out the house at 7:15 and know how stressful it is getting everybody up and out on time. So much so that we have a babysitter who does an hour every morning. She comes to us and finishes breakfast with DD, gets her dressed and drops her off at nursery. Would that be an option?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now