Talk

Advanced search

Nappy rash?

(23 Posts)
Heirhelp Sun 18-Dec-16 17:31:34

DD is 7 months and has a read sore and red bun. It is around her anus and outer labia and is hot to touch. She has had runny poops lately. It does not look like any photos I can find online of nappy rash. She is very distressed especially when changing.

I will ring HV tomorrow but does this sound like nappy rash?

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 18-Dec-16 19:07:10

It could be. Have you tried metainium? It's by far the best for nappy rash.

panad317 Sun 18-Dec-16 19:09:18

Is she teething? DD never had nappy rash but when teething she would be red raw, it was horrible but we kept plastering sudocrem which soothed it a bit.

Phillipa12 Sun 18-Dec-16 19:18:47

Only time all 4 of mine have had nappy rash is when they were teething, the poo was dreadful and they were red raw but metanium is amazing.

MrPoppersPenguins Sun 18-Dec-16 19:21:00

Metanium is great. If it doesn't improve with that and looks very shiny red skin get someone to check it as it could be thrush.

Heirhelp Sun 18-Dec-16 19:32:48

Thanks. I am using metanium. She is not teething but since having s and d two weeks ago her poo ha been explosive.

Grumpbum Sun 18-Dec-16 19:34:08

Get it checked out but Try camomile tea to clean her with helps,

alotlikeChristmas16 Sun 18-Dec-16 19:37:25

Agree metanium is by far the best, mike we're worst when teething - take the nappy off of you have any hard floor/tiled area and consider putting them to bed with no nappy - sounds mad, but they are still longest at night, cured bleeding nappy rash for us.

Heirhelp Sun 18-Dec-16 19:40:53

She is already in bed. I think I will get her checked out tomorrow.

LapinR0se Sun 18-Dec-16 19:56:15

What do you mean when you say it's different to the pics online? What is different about it

Cameron07 Sun 18-Dec-16 19:58:22

Poor you and your little one , clean with olive oil and apply metanium then when changing take off metanuim with olive oil and repeat . bums and gums go together sadly so prob teeth.

milkjetmum Sun 18-Dec-16 19:59:06

Sounds like temporary lactose intolerance after d&v. Dd1 gets this, it gave her red raw nappy rash. But solved by colief in milk for 2 weeks, and our favourite cream was drapolene

Scotmum83 Sun 18-Dec-16 19:59:15

Metanium to get rid of the rash, although we had to get a steroid cream as my little girls bum was raw with nappy rash when she was a newborn, so you may need a trip to the GP if it gets really bad. We use bepanthen to prevent it happening, if I forget she gets it quite easily.

Heirhelp Sun 18-Dec-16 20:33:02

It is right red, all the same colour and no lumpy bits.

Definitely no teething going on.

We tired colief when she was small and we did not have the right reflux meds. Coilef was an absolute nightmare. How do you manage when they wake during the night hungry and you have to wait 30 mins for the colief to work?

alotlikeChristmas16 Sun 18-Dec-16 20:40:33

Could just be really inflamed, dd1s was like this after a bought of diahroea after norovirus. Sounds like best getting it looked at although I would honestly take the nappy off as much as possible as that's worked best for me overall for the severe outbreaks.

spacefrog35 Sun 18-Dec-16 20:53:45

try an oatmeal bath - helped my dd no end when she had similar after d&v. Took a couple of days but really eased the discomfort.

Heirhelp Sun 18-Dec-16 20:59:05

Thanks again. We have been doing nappy free time (she pooped on Daddy twice) but when she wees without the nappy she gets very distressed.

Cameron07 Sun 18-Dec-16 21:05:15

If all else fails try orabase or ilex if no skin infection

Atlanticblue76 Sun 18-Dec-16 21:53:34

My seven month old had this for the last two weeks. Her nappy rash was awful and still is. We tried loads of different creams and assumed it was teething but it turned out to be chicken pox. sad
However after several hours of nappy free time this weekend it has started to go down a bit.

Heirhelp Mon 19-Dec-16 11:13:46

Doctor has prescribed thrush cream and has suggested we try lactose free milk.

MrPoppersPenguins Mon 19-Dec-16 16:45:46

Hope it helps. My friend's little one had similar and the thrush cream sorted it out. X

Heirhelp Mon 19-Dec-16 19:51:30

Thanks mrpoppers Do you have any idea how long it took to start to get better?

MrPoppersPenguins Mon 19-Dec-16 22:38:55

Not sure sorry. Hope it helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now