Talk

Advanced search

Tall skinny dd needs longer jeans

(5 Posts)
Twinmummyjojo Sun 18-Dec-16 13:29:21

I didn't know if this was the right place to post this so sorry if I've got it totally wrong!
Dd is 9 & getting into clothes looking good etc. However she is v tall & skinny and all the jeans & leggings she tries on are ankle swingers! Where can I find longer length casual clothes? It's causing no end if wardrobe dramas! Any suggestions? I don't have a big budget so ideally high street

ememem84 Sun 18-Dec-16 13:46:47

How tall and what size is she?

Next do a longer length trousers and jeans (I find though with jeans you need to buy a size down as they go baggy really quickly)

Primark skinnies are perfect for me as are new look.

New look do a tall range for those over 5'10 I think.

topshop also stock a tall range.

I'm a size 10 and 5'9/10 so I feel her pain. The above I've always found to be good value and actually the primark jeans are the best quality I've had £10 a pair and they last ages.

Twinmummyjojo Sun 18-Dec-16 18:44:25

She has a 23" waist and is 4'7". As my nana says she's as thin as a rail! I like primark but very rarely do they do adjustable waists!

everythingis Sun 18-Dec-16 18:58:06

Had this problem all the way through. You are limited to super skinny jeans/jeggings type things. Next/gap/zara/hm type shops - dd1 especially if they are long enough in the leg they are huge around the waist - marks/John Lewis and Boden are worst offenders.
Failing that I buy loads of tights in the winter and the dds wear denim skirts/skater dresses and so on. I try and have at least one pair of jean type trousers for freezing walk days - this years are h and m super skinnies - they arnt too bad.

Failing all that can you put darts in the waist? I couldn't if I tried but dm can. We will be resorting to this soon enough as dd1 is on a crazy growth spurt!

coolaschmoola Sun 18-Dec-16 19:07:21

I only buy my tall, skinny dd's jeans from Primark because their skinnies have adjustable waists.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now