Talk

Advanced search

Cheery 17month old is starting to know his own mind.....

(6 Posts)
Nottalotta Sat 17-Dec-16 20:50:01

Just wondering what the best approach is to the start of mini tantrums. Atm, it's mostly when I want him to go from one place to the next, and he doesn't want to. I can often persuade him by saying!'lets go and find/see/play whatever.......' but sometimes I have to go and get him, then the little feet stamp and he drops and flails.

I've been moving him then letting him lay on the floor and carry on doing what I'm doing. Eg pick him up out of the bathroom (where he likes to stay) put him on the landing and shut the door, then go to the bedroom.

It's pretty minor and not often atm but just want to prepare my battle plan as dc 2 is due soon.......

Mouthofmisery Sat 17-Dec-16 20:51:04

Sympathies. No ideas on how to help but have similar issues! Just go with it and try not to loose the plot! flowers

Nottalotta Sat 17-Dec-16 20:54:16

The little feet stamping are making me laugh atm. Although the dropping and flailing aren't easy at 7.5 months pregnant!

DearMrDilkington Sat 17-Dec-16 20:54:28

Carry on ignoring him and handling it as you are, I've found it the best response. I'm afraid it only gets worse from here!flowerswine

DearMrDilkington Sat 17-Dec-16 20:56:09

Oh I also tried making it into a joke when the feet started stomping, making comments like - lovely dance will you teach me how to do it? Sometimes it defused the situation, other times not.

Nottalotta Sat 17-Dec-16 21:11:15

Thanks, I wasn't sure if thelaughing was appropriate! Probably not..........

I guess I'm.doomed for about 4 yrs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now