Talk

Advanced search

Feeding kids over the holidays---need ideas, help please!!!!

(5 Posts)
SandFly80 Sat 17-Dec-16 17:46:09

Have a 7 and a 5 year old and they eat like gannets! Sure I'm not alone here but this close to Christmas and everything being so manic I'm struggling to keep them fed on something remotely healthy.

I have the three main meals sorted but they get so hungry between meals and that's where all the nasties creep in. They have their fruit but I feel they need something more substantial.

I absolutely have zero time to prepare any snacks. So need suggestions of filling, healthy-ish snacks that don't require a 20 minute prep.

Have to add that the 5 yo is autistic and a picky eater. Have had a day from hell with him today only to realise he's utterly famished but hasn't been able to work it out by himself.

Caterina99 Sat 17-Dec-16 18:59:48

Cheese strings, baby bells, dairy lee triangles, hard boiled eggs, hummus, milkshake, chicken fridge raider things? Usually served with crackers. Just a few proteiny snacks that I give my toddler. Hopefully they'll like some of them?

IamChipmunk Sun 18-Dec-16 16:38:44

My ds is also awful when hungry!
Some snack ideas;
Crumpet, toast, hot cross bun, flapjack
cerial bars, yoghurt, rice pudding, cocktail sausage, savory egg bites.

uhoh2016 Sun 18-Dec-16 20:25:30

I always have snacks available to grab in the fridge during school holidays
Fruit yoghurt dairylea Dunkers sausage rolls cocktail sausages ham jellies.
Come xmas day they're usually knee deep in selection boxes as it's xmas I'll let them have them as and when they want them

alotlikeChristmas16 Sun 18-Dec-16 20:28:49

Oatcakes + cheese spread or hummous. Rice cakes for 45p from Lidl? I find if I have a selection of healthier snacks they are mysteriously less hungry!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now