Talk

Advanced search

Gripe Water in Bottle?

(7 Posts)
BelliniButterfly Thu 15-Dec-16 11:30:19

My 5 week old suffers terribly from trapped wind. I started her on infacol before feeds which seems to make a huge difference however every few days she seems to suffer with a build up of wind that infacol cant get rid of. I have given her gripe water a couple of times after feeding however this seems to make her sick as she burps so violently clearing the wind. I was thinking of trying gripe water in her bottle once or twice a day to try and prevent the wind build up. Does anyone else do this? I use the Perfect Prep machine so at which point would be best in the bottle making process to add the gripe water?

Thanks!

Heirhelp Thu 15-Dec-16 11:32:58

The advise says not but I don't know why. You can give it before the bottle but I used to prefer to do it mid feed.

Babies being sick when bringing up wind is normal.

HeCantBeSerious Thu 15-Dec-16 11:35:39

Gripe water isn't suitable below 3 months, is it?

HeCantBeSerious Thu 15-Dec-16 11:36:32

Have you tried cycling her legs/rubbing her tummy (clockwise)?

HeCantBeSerious Thu 15-Dec-16 11:37:23

If you're adding anything to a bottle (not sure that's a good idea but I didn't formula feed so early) add it after it's made otherwise the water won't be hot enough to kill any nasties.

Timetogrowup2016 Thu 15-Dec-16 18:26:49

Gripe water is one month old

SausageSoda Fri 16-Dec-16 23:37:06

I use perfect prep machine and add gripe water in the bottle at very end before I screw teat back on to shake.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now