Talk

Advanced search

Just so fucking done

(9 Posts)
C4Envelope Wed 14-Dec-16 09:46:24

13mo hasnt slept more longer than a half hour at a time since friday night. DD IS EXHAUSTED. We thought it was teething and I was left to deal with it as DH works nights at weekend. IM EXHAUSTED. Monday night was marginally better with a four hour stretch from 10-2 then up six or seven times to comfort. I am not of the disposition Where I can leave a baby to cry. I just cant do it. I made myself physically ill up with her on friday and saturday night as I was just so helpless to comfort her. Tried distraction, cold teething rings, sticks of cucmber, calpol, iboprophen, teething gel, dummy, cuddles, co sleeping, more/less blankets/clothes, singing, whitenoise, walking about, bouncing on chair, feeding, and rinse and repeat x ten. We are at our wits end because the crying/wailing/screaming is relentless and seemingly unstoppable. What the hell do we do?
The worst of it is - I know there must be something wrong as this is so out of character for her. She developed a rash yesterday but it looked viral and I thought it was a virus from the weekend coming out in her - explained horrendous weekend and slightly better night on Monday. Iv got a doctors appointment fornher this morning but the earliest I could get is at 1140. Iv just started a new job and today is the third meeting with bosses. I have scraped through the last two days but I am shaking with fatigue, rage and adreneline this morning I dont know if I can cope. DH is trying his best but for fuck sake - not good enough!! He went out on the lash on Monday night and didnt get home until 2 in the morning!!!!! Selfish bastard.
My main concern is my DD. It is heartbreaking to see her like this I feel terrible I cant soothe or comfort her. Honestly I just want to sleep. But I cant as I dont think DH or my parents could do any a better job than I am. To think of her crying endlessly is really killing me. I feel sick. I want to cry and I want to throttle DH. Im disgraced at myself as I have lost it and shouted and cried a good few times over the last few days. I try not to shout in the same room as DD because I really dont want to frighten her but I cant help it. There has to be some release of this awful energy and I would rather shout than start throwing things! Im just so fucking done.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Wed 14-Dec-16 10:03:34

So sorry, it's horrible feeling helpless when they're roaring and you have tried all the tricks. You probably don't remember what a good night's sleep feels like. If it's something like an ear infection on top of teething the doctor should be able to tell.
Comparing notes when my DCs were tiny, even when their maternity leave was over it was more often the mums who ended up getting up each time to soothe the baby.

AverageJosephine Wed 14-Dec-16 10:07:25

See what the doc says! Mine #2 was like that once for a couple of days and I was at my wits end till she finally slept. In the morning I found a burst eardrum all stuck around her ear the poor thing. Hope you get an answer but these sleepless stints often disappear as quickly as they arrive.

kippersandcurtains Wed 14-Dec-16 10:19:25

My immediate thought was 'ears'. Only time either way of my dc have been inconsolable and unable to sleep it has been down to ear infections. Awful for everyone - hope you get a diagnosis soon but meantime baby nurofen is better than calpol but I think you can double dose (check as not sure at that age). Hope you get rest soon.

LittleBee23 Wed 14-Dec-16 21:24:26

Sounds awful. Mine have been like that with teeth before and iTs awful seeing them like that.
I'd be raging with hubby too 😡

Hope the dr was able to shed some light on what's causing her to. E so distressed.
You might feel like hubby can't do it as well as you but you also need to get some sleep or you won't be able to be there for dd either!!
Could hubby even be on duty from 7pm til 2am and you go to bed at 7 and then you can be with her from 2 onwards if she's distressed?

C4Envelope Thu 15-Dec-16 17:28:17

Hello! Thank you verg much for your lovely advice and kind words. Sometimes there is just nothing you can do. Dr was very nice - checked her all out and nothing to be dignosed although she was certain DD was dealing with the tail end of a virus. Another dreadful one last night so was so tired at training for my new job. She has been happier in herself today though and slept all afternoon for DH! Im hoping we are nearing the end. Poor wee lamb is just so exhausted! I have just served up her dinner and ahe has wolfed it down!

Thank you again for your comments, solidarity chocolateflowers

AverageJosephine Thu 15-Dec-16 19:31:57

There is hope! I always find if they do an unusually big daytime nap thruster play me the dead at night.

Good luck!

mangolime Thu 15-Dec-16 19:57:50

Oh man, I'm so with you, just gone back to work and 13m old dd has started nursery and has had a cold for about 3 weeks, this has really unsettled her already shit sleep and in the last few days she's also had a temp and was sick a few times last night interspersed with screaming/crying episodes where I could do nothing to placate her, didn't want to be held, didn't want to be put down, didn't want milk, agh I cried too!

I'm on edge tonight as I thought she was better this morning but the temp returned this afternoon. Dr also can't find any chest/ear infection so just have to ride it out. It's just one thing after another at the moment it seems!

We will get through this!

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Fri 16-Dec-16 07:46:42

Strength & courage everybody, may your littlies rediscover sleep flowers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now