Talk

Advanced search

How to get 17 month old used to a quilt

(7 Posts)
carterrw15 Mon 28-Nov-16 19:57:55

Hi everyone,

My little boy is nearly 17 months old and he has always kicked blankets off so we've always put him to bed in one of those baby sleeping bags.

I'm just wondering how can I get him used to having a quilt on him as he's a little wriggler at night lol

Also when did people start and put there children to sleep on a pillow?

Tia xxxxx

KookSpook Mon 28-Nov-16 20:01:47

Have a look at the gro-to-bed range.

Its a duvet cover that zips onto a sheet with a hole to slip a pillow through.

I didnt buy the gro-to-bed duvet though (with poppers) I just use a normal toddler cheap duvet.

DD loves being zipped in & sleeps well.

I got ours from.Argos in the sale.

dementedpixie Mon 28-Nov-16 20:05:11

My ds was in a sleeping bag until he was 2 and a half and then went into a big bed. He had a pillow from around 1 year

Mawsymoo Mon 28-Nov-16 21:25:53

DS is 2.5 and tonight is his first night with a toddler duvet and pillow. He was delighted getting into bed as he generally is with anything new. I just peeked in at him and he's still under the duvet but has the pillow shoved over to the side of his cot. I can only tolerate a very flat pillow myself so he might be taking after me!

I was in no rush to get rid of the sleeping bag but he wasn't able to stretch out in them any more so it was time to move on. If your DS likes his grobag I'd get some in the 18-36 month size they will keep you going for another year at least.

70ontheinside Mon 28-Nov-16 21:38:56

Keep ds in a sleeping bag for as long as possible, especially over the winter.
We finally gave up when dd had figured out how to take the sleeping bag, pjs and her nappy off... she was around 3.

RedHouses Mon 28-Nov-16 21:44:03

I'd keep him in a sleeping bag as long as possible if you can. Dd will be 3 next month and still doesn't quite get the hang of a duvet and kicks it off in the night! Very annoying when I have to keep getting out of bed to put it back on angry

minipie Tue 29-Nov-16 15:05:32

I kept DD1 in a sleeping bag till at least 2.5 I think. Swapped to duvet a few months before changing to a bed out of her cot (as wanted her to get used to a duvet before the sides came off).

We got a duvet clip from Jojomamanbebe link when she went into a big bed. It helps keep the duvet mostly in place but doesn't hold it down tightly like tucking it in would. It's been really useful and I would recommend it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now