Talk

Advanced search

Feeling lost

(6 Posts)
gk2016 Mon 28-Nov-16 02:57:41

It's my first time posting on here. I thought it would be a good place to share my thoughts, as I feel lost. Having a difficult night - 3 year old started being sick a couple of hours ago so keep dashing into his room. In between my teething 1 year old won't settle - just as she's about to go off to sleep i hear my son about to be sick and have to put her down and run into him. I've asked my husband to help but he's refusing following an argument we had this evening (difference of opinion over disciplining the children - we also have a 6 year old). Similar scenario earlier this week when 1 year old started being sick as i took her brothers to bed - he'd fallen out with me so refused to come and help.

To top it off i have to get up for work in 4 hours, and attempt to function for the day.

Sorry, this is a bit of a rant - please don't worry about replying - I'm just having one of those low points (although they seem to be a regular occurance at the moment)

RedLemonade Mon 28-Nov-16 03:19:16

You poor thing. And your poor little DCsad

If you were on your own this would be a tough old night but the fact that your husband is actually refusing to help you and your sick children is absolutely despicable. I mean, my God. He's unspeakably cruel, he really is. To be actually making your children suffer because of his petulance.

I really don't know what else to say except that with a "D"H like that I'm nothing a bit surprised you're feeling low. Behaviour like that would really make me question my future with the poor excuse for a man.

For now though I'm up feeding a baby and offering a hand to hold flowers

flumpybear Mon 28-Nov-16 04:21:30

He's refusing to help his children!!!! What a lazy fucker!!! Poor you but I'd be kicking his arse out of bed!

Heirhelp Mon 28-Nov-16 14:52:57

I think you might be better if posting in relationships as this is about your relationship with your husband (who happens to be a shit father) rather than a parenting issue.

SnotGoblin Mon 28-Nov-16 15:02:44

Christ, that sounds awful. The worst part being the biggest kid you are looking after. Your husband has let you down royally. I'm a single parent of a 3.5 year old and an 18 month old and was in similar situation to you a couple of days ago (3 year old being ill and needing to settle toddler) but I didn't have to deal with the ball of anger that I would have had to choke down if there was another able bodied adult around who was sulking instead of helping.

So, sorry OP. Best of luck riding the storm.

billabye Mon 28-Nov-16 15:06:49

I also think that you have a relationship problem above anything else. So he'd see his children suffer to get one up on you? What a prick. Is he always this ridiculous?

flowers for you and I hope your DC feel better soon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now