Talk

Advanced search

Baby not Interested in solids?

(10 Posts)
sammyjayneex Thu 24-Nov-16 09:51:26

So my bag turned 6 months old on Tuesday. I thought he would love solids but when I've fed him he seems uninterested and just spits food out. I've tried him with a few things as well, even baby cereal that's sweet and he's not interested in that either. Before solids he was exclusively breastfed and he still has his normal breastfeed. Does this mean he will be a fussy eater. My girls ate a full meal at 6 months.

Error404usernamenotfound Thu 24-Nov-16 09:54:04

Leave the solids for a few weeks then try again. Until babies are 12 months old, it is fine for milk to be their primary source of nutrition, and solids to be introduced slowly as when they're ready.

Don't worry about it; DD wasn't interested in solids till about 7 months, and at 2 1/2y is not a fussy eater by any means!

crayfish Thu 24-Nov-16 09:57:27

Leave it a few more weeks and try again, there is no urgency about it really and every baby is different. My DS was about 9-10 months before he was really interested in food and whilst he is not a fussy eater as such, he still doesn't have a big appetite at 16 months.

SweepTheHalls Thu 24-Nov-16 09:58:33

Just have him at the table for meal times and our some of your good in front of him and let him explore flowers

BertieBotts Thu 24-Nov-16 13:18:59

Don't worry. They are all ready at different times. Breastfeeding is enough for now so there is no rush.

Perhaps he'd like to explore some finger foods? Boiled or steamed carrot sticks or broccoli are good to try because they are easy to hold and soft.

Famalam13 Thu 24-Nov-16 17:39:37

Took DS till about 8-9 months to really build up an appetite for solids. Just let him play with food for now smile

gamechanged Thu 24-Nov-16 17:43:49

Don't worry too inch. DD is 10 months and didn't really take to solids until she was 9 months.

I guess all you can do is give her little spoonfuls of purees everyday so she can get used to the texture, even if she spits it out.

gamechanged Thu 24-Nov-16 17:44:16

He* sorry

Soubriquet Thu 24-Nov-16 17:55:16

Don't rush it. Life becomes so much harder when weaned

As long as he takes his milk, let him sit at the table and offer some finger good on a tray.

Let him see you eat and he will soon get the idea.

Soubriquet Thu 24-Nov-16 17:56:02

My oldest was weaning at 17 weeks.

My youngest wouldn't entertain food until 10 months

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now