Talk

Advanced search

16 month DD is refusing all her dinners

(5 Posts)
Tinks15 Wed 23-Nov-16 17:20:21

Why why why has my DD started to refuse her dinners the past 4 days - even her favourites confused. She isnt unwell or showing any signs of teething so i'm baffled. I'm getting slightly frustrated as she is a fussy moo as it is so i want to make sure she is getting enough etc i also dont want her going to bed hungry so not sure what i should do. Any ideas? Thanks!

myoriginal3 Wed 23-Nov-16 17:21:29

Because she can. wink

Davegrohlsgirl Wed 23-Nov-16 17:28:32

Thats just what I was going to say...because she can!
Dish it up, if she eats she eats if she doesn't she doesn't. Provide water, do not provide extra snacks in between meals wink
she will eat when she is hungry.
and try not to panic, most of us have been through this and our kids are fit healthy and more importantly eating

DeleteOrDecay Wed 23-Nov-16 17:28:57

My 18 month old is going through a bit of a phase like this. Although it's more certain foods rather than complete meals, except for roast dinners - she barely touches those at the moment.

I just don't make a fuss, if she doesn't eat that's fine. There's usually something on her plate that she will eat so she never goes without. I know from my 4 year old, who also went through similar phases and still does occasionally that they generally come out of it at some point, but making a big thing of it can create more problems. There's also a chance that she might be teething but showing no other signs, or that she just might not be that hungry at the moment.

Basically just try to relax, as long as she's not losing weight she will be fine. They go through these phases but it will pass.

Tinks15 Wed 23-Nov-16 17:50:48

Thanks all, i will just have to ride it out i guess. I'll keep offering & hope she'll start eating it again soon. She eats all her breakfast & lunch just not her dinner - which i dont get! Anyway, I will stop the afternoon snack for the time being see if that changes anything. Yep, I'm making sure i'm not making a fuss at all as i dont want to create any more problems. Hell no!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now