Talk

Advanced search

Huge meltdowns after Tesco shop?

(9 Posts)
basketofironing Tue 22-Nov-16 13:17:42

Sounds weird but DD (almost 8 months) seems to always have the biggest meltdowns after we do our weekly shop.

It doesn't matter if she has a nap before we go, or a bottle when we get home or nothing at all, she will always kick off within an hour of getting home, sometimes in the car on the way back.

It's happened at least 3 times now and each time under totally different circumstances so I can't pin down one specific thing other than going to Tesco. Today, for example, she had a longish nap before we got there, had some snacky foods on the way round and 5oz milk when we got home. She then played happily for half an hour before showing nap signs again so I put her down in her cot. Cue giant meltdown 5 minutes later...

She doesn't do it if we go to Sainsbury's or shopping centres so I don't think it's a sensory thing. Could she just hate Tesco?!

I doubt this because DD is an odd little soul, but has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Chickz Tue 22-Nov-16 16:20:28

Not had this -maybe overstimulation? Can you do online shop?

Gardencentregroupie Tue 22-Nov-16 16:24:19

Is it the same branch every time? Maybe it has funny flicky lighting or weird background noise that you don't notice but she does in that particular shop. Hell maybe she's an 8 month old supermarket snob smile

JohnLapsleyParlabane Tue 22-Nov-16 16:26:30

It could be the lighting. When my girl was about 4 months she screamed every time we went into a specific branch of Boots and I'm sure it was the lighting.

Sophiesausage Tue 22-Nov-16 21:20:23

John my daughter is exactly the same in our local Boots! Can go in other stores in same shopping centre and in boots in other places yet this one boots is complete meltdown. Though if it was the lights I'd have thought it would affect her at the time not once back home

JohnLapsleyParlabane Tue 22-Nov-16 22:47:39

Wonder if it's the same one Sophie?!

FlopIsMyParentingGuru Tue 22-Nov-16 22:49:17

I can't say I blame her. I feel like that after a big supermarket shop.

Heirhelp Wed 23-Nov-16 19:22:05

Sensory overload. Just shop online.

Heirhelp Wed 23-Nov-16 19:22:35

You can get evening delivery slots for a £1.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now