Talk

Advanced search

children not eating ....

(3 Posts)
Happy101415 Mon 21-Nov-16 10:31:29

not sure if this is the right place to post ..
have 2 ds 1 year and 3 years ..both wereconfused great eaters.eat and try whatever was been cooked.would try anything ,finish it if they enjoyed it wouldnt if they didnt ..now tho they have both become so hard to feed ..wont eat or even put food in their mouths screaming when its put in front of them ..spitting it oit if they do evenually try some..i havent changed anything still cooking as i was ...please help any suggestions its so feustrating sad

Phoenix76 Tue 22-Nov-16 23:28:58

Hello Happy! Hope your day was manageable today! I'm no expert, but could it be they enjoy the attention they're getting from refusing their food? Even though lo is only 1 could just be copying 3 year old? Perhaps, and just an idea, you could try ignoring their refusals and calmly remove their food, no fuss or pleading but when they do eat it make a really positive big deal out of it? I had something similar with my 3 year old and this method worked. Failing that, they may be a little bored of the usual favourites and up for trying something new. I know the worry that they're not eating but I'm sure once they don't get a reaction it'll pass. Good luck and I'm hoping others will post their suggestions as I have an almost 9 month old and may also need a plan B when the time comes!

Notfastjustfurious Tue 22-Nov-16 23:34:17

My good eater became very fussy at 3, suspicious of all food and regularly declaring 'don't like that, anymore' she's now 4 and still has a carry on at every meal except breakfast. I'm waiting for her to grow out of it and offering a variety of things at each meal. Sometimes she surprises me and eats the lot. I'm working on the assumption she won't starve herself but it is very frustrating. So far my 2 yr old is still eating everything so will see if that changes next year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now