Talk

Advanced search

Taking away the dummy.

(5 Posts)
dipsyduck Fri 18-Nov-16 16:13:37

Currently taking away 2.5 year old dummy's and we just seem to be constantly screaming for it any tips? On top of two year old tantrums it's getting rather difficult!!

Northumberlandlass Fri 18-Nov-16 16:20:15

We made A HUGE deal about it. At the time DS adored the 'bin men' (refuse collectors) and every week we had to go & watch them & follow them down the road.
When it got to giving up the 'dodies' - we had a chat with them. On the day DS put all of them into a bag (we collected them together) & he handed them over to his favourite bin man who unceremoniously dumped them into the back of the truck. We cheered & clapped our hands!
We also took photos of every step & made a scrap book which we read when he started kicking off!
He didn't ask for them again. He was around 2 at the time. We still have the scrap book!

Afreshstartplease Fri 18-Nov-16 16:23:23

At this time of year i would wait a few weeks and give them to Santa (providing you celebrate Christmas)

Chinks123 Fri 18-Nov-16 16:28:41

We've just got rid of dds but she wasn't as attached as some children and only really asked for it at night. This is a good time of year to do it, I told her Santa took the dodies and was bringing presents instead, expected a tantrum and she went "oh okay" grin she asked for one for a couple of nights but I reminded her of Santa and told her she was a big girl and she hasn't asked since.

dipsyduck Fri 18-Nov-16 16:32:03

Well it all started when he fed two to the dog this morning! So we laughed about it and decided they weren't needed anymore he's been absolutely fine until about an hour ago he hasn't stopped crying for one he normally only has them when tired! I have some hidden away but don't really want to give up! He just seemed so happy that the dog had them instead of himself this morning I thought it wasn't going to be too difficult!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now