Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When to teach about 999?

(5 Posts)
fluffymummykins Fri 18-Nov-16 06:51:02

Just wondering what age everyone taught their children about emergencies and how to pohone 999? I worry that they might call out of curiosity but then again if there was an emergency, what would we do?

PotteringAlong Fri 18-Nov-16 06:52:57

I've just done it aged nearly 5 on the back of the story in the press about the little girl calling.

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Fri 18-Nov-16 06:54:06

I think DD was probably around 3? I have a long-term medical condition and at that time it was just the two of us- I taught her so if anything happened to me she could get help. She never once rang out of curiosity.

alwayshappy101 Fri 18-Nov-16 06:58:25

I taught my ds at 4-5.I told him how they can only be phoned in proper emergencies,and gave him a couple of scenarios about when you need to call for paramedics,police,fire and the coast guard.he found it very interesting and also gave me a few scenarios himself where it would be appropriate to call 999.

megletthesecond Fri 18-Nov-16 07:12:07

4/5. I got them to memorise our address and put a label on the back of the phone to remind them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now