Talk

Advanced search

Is this normal

(3 Posts)
Crazy789 Thu 17-Nov-16 07:24:02

Dd 6 can be lovely help others at school , but if I hurt myself she will maybe laugh .she is always wanting to tell on others st school and seeing the worst on people's actions and being critical . For example a friend wrote her a card and she concentrated on the spelling mistake ? She doesn't have a best friend and says she wants one at times other times she isn't bothered . Yet she is popular enough . I aren't overly critical and don't understand why she is like this or how to approach any advice ?

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Thu 17-Nov-16 07:56:03

Unless she never shows empathy I would put it down to her laughter being a nervous response to an unfortunate event, it's not necessarily your DD finding it actually funny you hurt yourself.

Tattling is a way of getting herself positive attention isn't it, contrasting actions. I found even if I was busy with something I noticed there was often a sped up particular tone of voice or expression on their face, bursting to tell? You could tell her that the only time a grown up wants to hear about other people's naughty behaviour is when it's a safety issue, potentially dangerous.

Re: The best friend thing - you say she's popular, so that doesn't sound like she's socially awkward, so I wouldn't worry. It's no bad thing to have a bunch of friends, one single best friend can leave a big gap if they fall out or move away.

Crazy789 Thu 17-Nov-16 10:05:47

I think your right it's maybe her age . She can be kind but also does this horrible snigger at times at people . I think it's learnt behaviour from school tbh , as she has also started finding hilarious to use the word fat as a insult - especially at the cat confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now