Talk

Advanced search

Toddler has a white horizontal line running across his front teeth, anyone have any idea why?

(7 Posts)
SleepFreeZone Tue 15-Nov-16 09:30:07

Google is throwing up a myriad of possibilities but I wondered if anyone had experienced the same. The line sits around two thirds of the way down the front teeth and is a mottled white colour.

I've a dentist appnt booked for next week. His diet is really good, no sweets, no juice, no fizzy, just water and milk. Was EBF till he was 12 months, never had a bottle in bed or dummy.

Thank you.

NNChangeAgain Tue 15-Nov-16 09:34:44

Any chance he had chicken pox as a new baby? That can cause dental complications later in life - my DD had marked milk teeth, and a few issues with ridging, marking and poor development of her secondary teeth.

EssentialHummus Tue 15-Nov-16 09:41:40

I have this, and have had it since I can remember. I was told once that it was to do with a childhood illness I had when that tooth was coming through, but I don't remember more than that.

SleepFreeZone Tue 15-Nov-16 09:49:48

He has never been ill beyond mild colds and turns four next week. The only thing in terms of illness when he was in the womb was me having a really bad cold in the first trimester and taking some cold remedies I subsequently realised I should have taken! Otherwise his pregnancy was trouble free and very easy.

SleepFreeZone Tue 15-Nov-16 09:51:06

I'm wondering if it could be too much fluoride but the photos online look different.

YouMakeABetterDoorThanAWindow Tue 15-Nov-16 10:11:46

I had this and my mum was told it was due to antibiotics. I'd guess you'd remember if either you or he had those though. Also I was a toddler a million years ago and I imagine antibiotics are different today.

SleepFreeZone Tue 15-Nov-16 10:28:28

Nope, no antibiotics taken at all. I'm wondering if he could have fallen and damaged them when they were coming through but again I have no memory of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now