Talk

Advanced search

Bottle feeding after breast feeding

(4 Posts)
LouiseN82 Mon 14-Nov-16 11:03:07

Hiya my little boy is 12 weeks old he was breast but now has Aptamil 5oz bottles six times a day. I was wondering does this sound ok.?

challengedvertically Mon 14-Nov-16 11:37:12

That sounds ok to me. As a general rule of thumb, they need around 2.5 oz for every lb they weigh - so a 12lb baby for example would need about 30oz in a 24 hr period. Of course, some need more or less than that, and they have hungry and not-so-hungry days, so it's only a rough guide! Hope that helps

Heirhelp Mon 14-Nov-16 13:21:23

There should alway be milk left in the bottle. If the baby drains the bottle you need to offer them more.

Just like bf you should feed on demand and some times the baby will want lots of milk and other times only a little. I don't monitor input just output, lots of wee and poo and weight gain.

Lookinatu Mon 14-Nov-16 13:32:13

My dd is 12 weeks old and she has 7 oz aptimal 4 times a day. I found she went through a faze of being really unsettled and grumpy and then started to drain the bottles I went up to 6 and she was fine. Last week she did the same went to 7 and is happy again. They will let you know op if u need more i also looked at the side of the tub to see she was roughly what they were suggesting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now