Talk

Advanced search

Needing a night out!

(13 Posts)
Machighlands27 Fri 11-Nov-16 17:19:16

My DD is 2 weeks old, I'm desperate for a night out with my girlfriends who I haven't seen properly in weeks! And I'm thinking of planning something for next weekend. I can't shake this guilty feeling that it's too soon to think about a night away from her, I had a difficult pregnancy and couldn't leave the house much from about month 6 and now I'm starting to feel more like my old self I'm desperate to get away for an evening! Am I a bad mum for wanting to go out so soon? confused when did you venture out for the first time without baby?

NickyEds Fri 11-Nov-16 22:02:26

With ds he was about 6-7 weeks ish, dp and I went to the liam pub for an hour whilst my sister watched ds. We left him with my sister over night when he was about 4 months but I woke up drenched in milk so got even less sleep than when he was there! With dd I met some friends for drinks when she was 8 weeks.

Writerwannabe83 Fri 11-Nov-16 22:25:34

I was breast feeding DS so didn't actually 'venture out' until he was about 7 months old and that was to go and have a facial grin

When he was about 4 months old he went to my PIL's house, who live 20 doors away, so me and DH could catch up on some housework but I didn't even last an hour before I had to have him back grin

My first night out without him was when he was about 9 months old and I went to a Christmas Party but I had to come back after 5-6 hours as my boobs were killing me.

DS is now 2yr 8m and he still hasn't been anywhere overnight. There have been many occasions where either myself or DH have been away for the night, but only on our own and so DS is always with the other parent overnight.

Don't worry yourself about what other people or what other people may think, just do what feels right and what makes you happy.

Machighlands27 Sat 12-Nov-16 01:42:08

I've been unable to breast feed which in a way makes leaving the house a bit easier, and I'm sure once I'm out I'll not want to stay long as I'll miss my DD, but just really need some breathing space to do something for myself confusedblush

SpeakNoWords Sat 12-Nov-16 01:52:52

Why ask about what others would do? If you think you'd like to then go, you can always go home if you change your mind.

confusedandemployed Sat 12-Nov-16 02:21:22

I left DD overnight at 6 weeks. She was fine, I had a blast and so did DSis, her babysitter for the night.

I couldn't have managed it at 2 weeks but that was because I was so utterly floored by the whole having a baby thing. But I wouldn't judge you, I'd buy you a pint!

Machighlands27 Sat 12-Nov-16 06:08:02

Thanks guys.... Cocktails are on me!! grin even if it's half of one and then crying all the way home because I miss DD! grin lol

AmbridgeGirl Sat 12-Nov-16 19:01:09

DS is 3 weeks old and DH and I went for dinner earlier this week with my DSis looking after him. Only out for just under 2 hours but did me the world of good and felt v refreshed and lovely to get a bit dressed up and make an effort. So I'd say go for it and enjoy!

user1471507699 Sat 12-Nov-16 19:09:42

If you have the energy to go out then go for it. I just wanted to sleep!

Caterina99 Sat 12-Nov-16 20:27:25

Go for it! You can always come home early if you want to

MonkeyBrainsInPickle Sat 12-Nov-16 20:37:37

10 weeks to go to a close friend's wedding.

I wouldn't have felt up to it at two weeks, but if you do go for it. The baby will be fine with her dad.

kiki22 Sat 12-Nov-16 20:38:55

I left ds2 with dp for 4 hours when he was 3 weeks old to have an evening out it was fun I missed him but didn't worry we only headed home when I couldn't stop yawning. To be honest at that age neither of my babies cared who looked after them as long as they had clean nappies full tummys and a cuddle they were fine its when they get big enough to cry when you leave you might struggle go while its still easy.

LittleBee23 Sun 13-Nov-16 18:40:52

I left dd1 with my mum for a few hours at around 4 weeks old to go for drinks for my cousin's 30th. I was fine and she was fine.
If you feel up to it then why not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now