Unconfident 6 yo girl

(4 Posts)
Hereforthebeer Fri 11-Nov-16 13:36:14

My 6 yo girl is not very confident, in her ability, she is a people pleaser. I'd really like to look at ways to improve her confidence in herself. She is getting better (I identified it at about 4 yo) but I feel like any advice would be very welcome, be it books, techniques, games or activities - as I want to use everything available to me to build her confidence.

I'm very happy with her school and she has a secure home life. I do think some of it stems from years ago when I had a very high pressure job, wasn't around enough and had lots of childcare issues. I've since given up the job (I miss it alot) but it was the right thing to do in the circumstances for my family.

grannytomine Fri 11-Nov-16 14:51:33

Rainbows and then brownies was brilliant for my daughter. She's all grown up now but she was a very quiet, timid child, and suffered from bullying at school. Rainbows was great for her, the leaders were brilliant and it really did work wonders for her. Good luck.

Ilovewillow Fri 11-Nov-16 15:03:01

Does she do any clubs outside school? Rainbows/Brownies are great for meeting new people in small secure group. Also theatre groups are great for confidence - they encourage the children but they don't have to perform if they don't want to!

Lovesmypinkones Fri 11-Nov-16 19:48:01

I would also recommend some sort of club either at school or out of school.
Swimming lessons have really helped my 2.
When they get their badges they tell everyone and my youngest has really come out of her shell.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now