Talk

Advanced search

Feeling worried

(8 Posts)
Jenjen85 Wed 09-Nov-16 09:12:49

Please don't judge me as im already feeling bad enough as it is.

On monday i was taking a picture of my DS (2m old) who was on the floor after a nappy change. Hes just started smiling so grabbed my phone quick to take a picture but i somehow managed to drop it on him and it cut just under his eye and it has now developed into a back eye. I cried more than him i think as i was distraught at hurting him sad well today he has his injections and its obvious he has a black eye and im really worried the nurses will question me and maybe contact social servicew. It was a totall accident. What do you think they will do? Im obviously going to be honest about what jappened as it was an accident

reign1 Wed 09-Nov-16 09:45:46

Try not to worry, accidents do happen sad

Brown76 Wed 09-Nov-16 10:10:53

It was an accident, please don't worry. I remember cutting my sons toe with the nail clippers when he was a baby - huge amounts of blood. But obviously he was fine and I've managed not to do it again in the 100+ times I've clipped his nails since. You'll be really careful in future!

Jenjen85 Wed 09-Nov-16 10:22:52

Its the fact its on his face and everyone can see sad im so upset

TeaBelle Wed 09-Nov-16 10:26:02

The nurse may ask what happened, or theye may not. Just be honest - 95% of children will.injure themselves on their faces at some point. Accidental injuries aren't a matter for ss. If the nurse dies ask what happened, just be honest. They will be concerned if you try to make up a story that doesn't worry you so much, if the injury and story don't match

Wolfiefan Wed 09-Nov-16 10:26:51

Oh bless you. I don't think I've ever met a single parent who hasn't inadvertently hurt their child. I knocked DS's head on a door frame. I know someone else who hit their child's head on the bath taps.
Accidents happen. They won't "do" anything. Are you ok otherwise or feeling a bit low and anxious?

SausageSoda Wed 09-Nov-16 10:27:13

The nurse will most likely ask but just tell her the truth. Accidents happen flowers

Jenjen85 Wed 09-Nov-16 11:24:05

Im ok wolfie just worried about what the nurses would say but they didnt mention it so neither did I. I was just worried they'd think i was a bad parent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now