When to introduce a duvet

(7 Posts)
kelman13 Tue 08-Nov-16 15:24:14

Hey, my little girl will be one on Friday, just wondering when you all introduced a duvet! She will sleep in her growbag for few hours but usually ends up snuggling in with me for majority of the night!

moggle Tue 08-Nov-16 16:05:56

Well DD is just 2 and can now escape from all her grow bags so we're just starting to use a duvet out of necessity. But she will not stay under it; she tends to sleep across the top of the cot rather than in the 'proper' designed position! So at the moment I am putting her in warm fleecy pyjamas or onesie and then once she's asleep I put the duvet over her.
Honestly, if the grow bags are working for you you don't need to change them. It'll be annoying if she starts waking in the night cos she's cold!

neversleepagain Tue 08-Nov-16 16:47:52

We moved from sleeping bags to duvets when they moved from cots to beds at 3.

Loulou2kent Tue 08-Nov-16 16:59:33

My 1 year old has had a duvet & pillow for about 8 weeks. He was 1 about 3 weeks ago.

He seems to sleep so much better & I think he now thinks he's in my bed! Lovely & cosy in there too. He always hated grow bags. Too much of a fidget bum & hated his legs not being free. Plus he's always put a muslin or something over his face to sleep! (Not great I know, but it must be a comfort thing)

I imagine it's different for every child.

suzu1982 Tue 08-Nov-16 17:02:46

For DS it was when he started to walk, I didn't want him to get caught up in his sleeping bag and stumble and possibly hurt himself. I think he was about 1.

kelman13 Tue 08-Nov-16 18:08:10

My little one like a Muslim cwtch too!! I was thinking that it may give her the feeling that's she's in mummy and daddy's bed! She still doesn't sleep through, so tempted to give it ago

Loulou2kent Tue 08-Nov-16 19:34:49

Goodluck if you decide to do it. My little boy just looks so cosy wrapped in his duvet. It's brushed cotton too so extra soft. He pulls it straight over his face when he wants to sleep & I go in & wiggle it down a bit once he's asleep

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now