Talk

Advanced search

Returning to work ??

(10 Posts)
thisusernameisnotavailable Mon 07-Nov-16 20:08:51

I need opinions please. Not so much parent related as such

Did you ladies who were working during pregnancy and went on leave return to your job?

I did with both my kids but I'm being told that most don't return.

Reason I'm asking is my perfect job is now out there but as maternity cover. Just curious on the split of those who went back from those who did not.

NickyEds Mon 07-Nov-16 20:30:06

I'm a SAHM but I'm most definitely in the minority-all of my friends have returned to work although some have gone part time.

MonkeyBrainsInPickle Mon 07-Nov-16 21:18:24

I went back to my job. I only know one mum who didn't, but she hated it there and got a sizeable payout for leaving.

OldBootNewBoots Mon 07-Nov-16 21:22:01

Most of dd's class of mums do pt work if that helps, I know few that went back ft so there's a chance - can you ask them directly if there might be an extension should the returner request pt hours?

Gillian1980 Mon 07-Nov-16 21:22:23

I went back but part time.

JellyWitch Mon 07-Nov-16 21:23:30

I went back fulltime after both. How else was the mortgage getting paid?

Bedsheets4knickers Mon 07-Nov-16 21:41:51

I didn't , when my youngest starts school next year il be finding a job .. 7 years I'm more than ready to start earning again

Ilovewillow Mon 07-Nov-16 21:49:15

Yep I went back twice although I work in our family business so that has some baring. Of all the people I know 3 didn't go back at all and another couple went back but only to cover off their contracts So that occupational maternity pay didn't need to be paid back! The rest went back and stayed!

Artistic Mon 07-Nov-16 21:53:10

Went back after both kids to IT consultancy - pretty demanding job involving travel etc. Tried to keep it part time for as long as I could but eventually succumbed to work pressure & went full time after kids crossed the age of 2. Was hard at first but SO glad I did it. Staying at home was lovely during Maternity leave, but not my cup of tea beyond that.

SausageSoda Tue 08-Nov-16 12:25:54

I intend on going back when my maternity leave is over. More due to financial necessity than anything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now