Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else's kids turns on a sixpence??

(4 Posts)
fruityb Fri 04-Nov-16 08:26:54

DS was so chipper this morning, laid in his baby gym gurgling away. Getting him dressed and talking and smiling and all good. Then without warning a shriek at the top of his voice and he's been moaning ever since! Not necessarily crying but moaning about it and when I pick him up he flails one arm about and as he needs his nails cutting is scratching the crap out of me.

How can they go from so happy and smiley to bloody angry for no particular reason??

Leicfox1 Fri 04-Nov-16 10:08:04

My 7 month old has always been like this, mostly due to hunger or tiredness. He's not great at giving cues, so we never used to know that he was hungry or tired until he got to breaking point. Now we feed or put him sleep by schedule, feeds used to be every 3-4 hours before weaning and now are 2-3 hours (while transitioning between solids and milk), and naps are every 2-3 hours. Don't know of hunger or overtiredness might the the issue?

OldBooks Fri 04-Nov-16 10:14:50

Agree with Leicfox, it usually seems to be hunger and/or tiredness. When they are still small babies throw in sudden wind attacks and then there is teething...

fruityb Fri 04-Nov-16 10:35:08

He hadn't long since fed when he did this but did nap. I don't get any cues either- there is no build up he just goes! He feeds every 3-4 hours but is a bugger to get to sleep as he will fight and fight till he's at beetroot face and then give in! Not all the time but a couple of times a week.

Preparing the sling! Though he's now making intermittent noises as he falls asleep he won't let himself get there! He's 10 weeks so still only little but is getting quite good at taking himself to sleep (when he allows it to happen that is)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now