Breastfeeding - not interested and falling off nipple

(6 Posts)
DoAndroidsDreamofEwentheSheep Sun 30-Oct-16 06:18:43

My baby usually feeds 3-4 times a night but in last few nights has just not been interested it seems. Will feed for few mins then just let go. IA not screaming or seeming hungry so am not sure if is just not needing it anymore? Is 4 months old. (And a 'PFB' so am paranoid about EVERYTHING!!) DH is trying to convince me all is fine as is on 80centile but am worried about being starving!

Heirhelp Sun 30-Oct-16 06:20:12

Teething can make babies less hungry.

DoAndroidsDreamofEwentheSheep Sun 30-Oct-16 06:21:59

Ah thank you! We are definitely going through that- hands constantly being chewed and everything soaked in drool!

Heirhelp Sun 30-Oct-16 07:25:55

Just watch out for the teething poo!

HopelesslydevotedtoGu Sun 30-Oct-16 12:24:36

Might be due to teething
Could be that they are feeding faster- my 3-4 month old only fed for 2-3 mins at a time- an improvement from 45 mins each side as a newborn smile
Or they might be getting distracted easily

Check they are getting enough by whether they look hydrated and nappy output

newmumwithquestions Sun 30-Oct-16 12:33:16

Are you getting enough wet nappies? If so please don't worry. They go through little phases, as pp said teething will do this, or DD was a very infrequent pooer (like once a week). Before a big poo she'd go off her food (normally for about 24 hours) then it would all come out and she would want to feed constantly.
At 4 months she's probably starting to drop feeds as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now