Talk

Advanced search

What TV shows does your 6-7 year old DS watch?

(18 Posts)
ToShelAndBack Sat 29-Oct-16 00:04:35

My DS3 and DS6.5 usually watch TV together, so they are limited to things like Paw Patrol, Dinosaur Train, etc. But I notice now though that even when my older DS gets a chance to watch by himself, he picks more "babyish" shows. I think he's pretty average for his age in terms of general maturity and the other things he likes. He's not really into Star Wars although he pretends to be. Today someone asked what shows he likes and I could tell he was a bit embarrassed to say Paw Patrol and Fireman Sam. Are there any other shows that he might like that are more age-appropriate?

Normanpriceisnotarolemodel Sat 29-Oct-16 20:59:05

No tips here, my 6 year old is very into paw patrol, go jetters etc as well! At the moment I'm just enjoying that there aren't any arguments about what to watch as they both want the same!

mylittlephoney Sat 29-Oct-16 21:01:45

My little pony (?) He loves it. His behaviour has been so much better since we found it on Netflix it's all friendship and kindness. Can't be a bad thing.

Paffle Sat 29-Oct-16 21:03:15

Mine likes Paw Patrol and hey Duggee. He also likes Horrible Histories but so much of that must be over his head. He watches Pokemon on Netflix.

BertieBotts Sat 29-Oct-16 21:05:48

Mine mostly watches stuff on the youtube kids app - FGTV and Stampy and The Diamond Minecart mainly.

On Netflix he likes Fairly Odd Parents.

JassyRadlett Sat 29-Oct-16 21:09:03

Have you tried Transformers RescueBots? The social cachet (sigh) of Transformers but still with the 'helping' ethos of Fireman Sam/Paw Patrol.

DS (who is 5) also loves Danger Mouse, and the Lego versions of superhero stuff (as well as the Lego City cartoons). He's still very much into Duggee and stuff like that though, which I hope lasts a little longer.

jaggythistle Sat 29-Oct-16 21:09:09

My 4.5 and 7yo still watch at least 50% cbeebies id say with their younger sibling.

They love Octonauts and Go Jetters. Also silly things like the Twirly woos. smile

DS1 does ask for CBBC/CITV now to watch total nonsense cartoons. (e.g Almost Naked Animals )

He also wants to watch videos on YouTube of people playing Minecraft...

jaggythistle Sat 29-Oct-16 21:12:16

Oh we do like Duggee too. smile

MidnightVelvetthe7th Sat 29-Oct-16 21:18:12

My DS2 is 7 but he has an elder brother which has influenced him. He likes Ninjago, Gumball, Adventure Time and Horrible Histories. He complains at the childminders when the toddlers all watch Paw Patrol as it's babyish apparently.

DP and I still watch the Ben and Holly Christmas specials smile I was sad when he stopped them

JassyRadlett Sat 29-Oct-16 21:18:43

Duggee is fucking brilliant.

Hoviscats Sat 29-Oct-16 21:20:27

It is all power rangers and teenage mutant ninja turtles here! He also likes danger mouse, the animated Mr Bean and Inspector gadget.

ChalkyC Sat 29-Oct-16 21:22:42

My 7.5 yr old loves all the terrible cartoons I can't bear like phineas and ferb and something I've banned called gravity falls. He likes horrible histories and some of the cbbc stuff too, and scooby doo and tom and jerry. None of it is very educational!! And people playing minecraft on you tube. I miss CBeebies!

DarceyBushell Sat 29-Oct-16 21:27:03

Eldest DS watched cbeebies for far longer than the younger DS did. They moved to Disney XD shows, plus love the tom and jerry's and the scooby doo's (older programmes too) that are often on the other channels. DS2 is 6.5 and swaps between Adventure Time/We Bare Bears/Paw Patrol!

DarceyBushell Sat 29-Oct-16 21:29:01

Oh yeah, just wait until he wants to watch Stampy and Dan and Popular MMOs on Youtube, you'll be begging him to go back to Cbeebs!!!!

RumAppleGinger Sat 29-Oct-16 21:30:17

DS1 is nearly 6 and has just started to watch more cbbc shows whilst DS2 is still firmly in Cbeebies/Milkshake territory.

DS1 will watch Horrid Henry, Danger Mouse, Adventure Time, Dennis the Menace, Horrible Histories and something on Netflix called Odd Squad which is a bit like an updated Errie Indiana. However he is still more than happy to sit with DS2 and watch the younger shows. He still plays with lots of Paw Patrol toys too.

LockedOutOfMN Sat 29-Oct-16 21:33:49

Our son's 8 and he doesn't like watching TV. I was the same at his age. He likes the cinema and will sometimes watch films, but never asks to watch them or to watch more when it's finished. Sometimes he comes home pretty sad or angry from school when they've been "watching television" by which he means videos on the whiteboard. I've explained to him that there are things he can watch on a video, like rocket launches (a recent topic), which gives more detail than reading about it in a book, and also that the other children like it so he should respect their wishes (I use the example of swimming which others in his class seem to dislike and he loves) and his complaints to me have dwindled.

missyB1 Sat 29-Oct-16 21:34:44

My 7 year old watches a wide variety of things, from documentaries on airports and the police, to Noddy and Sofia the first! I like the fact that he watches what he's interested in rather than what's being talked about in the playground.

uhoh2016 Sun 30-Oct-16 04:38:04

My ds who's 6 watches the thunder man's, i carly, Scooby doo and the turtles. However both he and older ds (9) will say let's put peppa pig on for the baby knowing they'll be the ones sat watching it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now