Do your 15month old ever sit still?

(9 Posts)
Nottalotta Thu 27-Oct-16 19:10:51

Mine doesn't seem to, unless he's confined. He's very good about being in the highchair, pram and because my house is not very child friendly, he spends about half an hour per morning and the odd other few minutes in a travel cot downstairs. But if he's on the loose, he is moving constantly. He's more likely to sit down outside in the mud to play in the grass.

He does play with toys in the front room, and will look at books, but you couldn't sit and have a cup of tea in the time he's still.

Wonder how on earth I'm going to manage when dc2 arrives in 3 months!

Lalunya85 Thu 27-Oct-16 19:13:40

Neither of mine coukd sit still at the age. It depends on their personality! In a few more months you should be able to trust him enough to be able to let him out of your sight for a little bit. Hopefully just in time for the new baby's arrival! wink

Nottalotta Thu 27-Oct-16 19:24:55

Let's hope so. One of the main problems is the house, I find it much easier at mum or Mil who have more open plan type newer houses. Mine is old, and has an array of hazards (otherwise known as ' period features') from the quarry tiled floor, little lips and steps, Woodburner, open fire,very steep stairs.....

MonkeyBrainsInPickle Thu 27-Oct-16 20:55:09

Mine is the same. Will sit and flick through her books for a bit, but not long enough to drink a brew!

Coconut0il Thu 27-Oct-16 22:23:08

Only if I let him watch nursery rhymes on you tube. He'll sit on my lap for about 5 minutes then. Apart from that he's on the go all the time. Luckily our house is pretty hazard free so I can just keep an eye on him and he will play with his toys or in the cupboards for a bit.
Met a friend with a similar age toddler for lunch recently, her DD sat in the highchair for about an hour while we had lunch. I didn't even try to take DS2 as he wants to be out walking all the time!

donajimena Thu 27-Oct-16 22:28:27

Don't panic! I have two years between mine and thought I wouldn't cope when the second one arrived.
There is no problem. The new one stays where you left it! For a good few months anyway. So you only have to run round after one! By the time the second was mobile the oldest was slightly less of a loose cannon.
I can't speak for the entire population but I found the transition from 1 - 2 a million times easier than 0 -1. (Children)

Fruitboxjury Thu 27-Oct-16 22:34:52

Never sat still before 15mo, only sat still from about 2.5y when TV became more relevant (as dc2 arrived)

Sorry I have to disagree with pp, I thought one was hard, in reality it was a walk in the park compared to 2 (2.5y gap)

Caterina99 Fri 28-Oct-16 00:58:56

My 16 month old never stays still. Unless he's strapped in to something. He will watch tv a bit and look at books and play with toys, so those keep him relatively amused, and he could be trusted to stay in the same room for a few min if there is a tv program he likes on. But even then he's not actually still. Our house is fairly baby proofed though so I can let him potter around if I'm busy.

Nottalotta Fri 28-Oct-16 18:34:19

Thanks all, at least I know hes not abnormally active!

Re the new one staying put, that is a good point. I hope it doesn't mind being put down (ds hated it) and doesn't want to bf constantly (like ds did.....) and that I don't end up with a c section (like I did with ds.......!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now