Talk

Advanced search

when do you class baby clothes as too small?

(8 Posts)
kiki22 Tue 25-Oct-16 20:52:17

Very trivial however I mentioned to a friend today ds2 was outgrowing his 0-3 clothes and I would need to bring out the bigger size she said they look fine there was no need to move up. I then explained (I have no idea why I ended up explaining myself to her) that I was starting to have to pull his arms to squeeze in and there is a gap between his bottoms and socks, also his vests are tight at the shoulders. She says she puts clothes on her children until they wont go on anymore.

Am I wrong is thinking they cant be comfortable in tight clothes especially babies having to bend arms at funny angles. I'm sitting here wondering if I've wasted lots of clothes. Its not a money thing for her she's well off and buys quite expensive clothes.

tissuesosoft Tue 25-Oct-16 20:53:22

Does sound like they're too small!

CharminglyGawky Tue 25-Oct-16 21:48:25

I agree with you!

I wouldn't want to wear clothes that were tight or restricted movement so why on earth would I do that to my baby?

Eminado Tue 25-Oct-16 22:55:08

Errrm your friend is wrong. Poor baby!sad

Is that how she dresses herself?!

Winniethepooer Tue 25-Oct-16 22:56:48

I agree with you!

Gillian1980 Tue 25-Oct-16 22:58:10

If anything I think I tend to move dd up a clothes size slightly too early as I think she looks comfortable in roomier clothing. Better from playing! I wouldn't like to be squeezing into things that barely fit.

AppleMagic Tue 25-Oct-16 22:59:40

YANBU Unless you can actually skip an entire size (ie go straight from 0-3 to 6-9 month clothes) I can't see how it can possibly make a difference money-wise or in terms of "waste".

kiki22 Wed 26-Oct-16 07:31:10

Glad its not just me it was a very odd convo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now