Talk

Advanced search

Milk - how much and when for a 10/11 month old?

(6 Posts)
graysor Mon 24-Oct-16 19:17:50

How many milk feeds a day does your 10/11 month old have? And when do they have them?

I can't seem to work out how best to fit them in around meal times and naps. As if we have milk too soon before a meal dd doesn't want any solid food.

What works for you at his age?

Thanks!

Blueberry234 Mon 24-Oct-16 19:19:15

At that age we did a feed first thing, around 2pm and then before bed

dementedpixie Mon 24-Oct-16 19:23:51

At around 11 months both mine dropped to just morning and before bed. They had water with meals and snacks

KatyN Mon 24-Oct-16 20:30:52

Mine has 6oz when she wakes up, then is offered another 6oz either before or after her lunchtime nap (she doesn'5 take that much) and another 6oz at bedtime.
She is quite small though so maybe a bigger baby would have bigger bottles.

Caterina99 Tue 25-Oct-16 01:23:42

We went from 4 8oz bottles a day at 7,11,3 and 7 (roughly) to 3 bottles at around 10 months 7, 1-2 ish and then 7. Then at about 11 months we got rid of the afternoon bottle replacing it with milk in a cup at meals. And a snack.

Mealtimes have varied but roughly breakfast 7, snack 9-10ish, lunch 12, snack 2-3ish and tea 5-6 ish. Dropping the bottles definitely meant he ate more, and for us it was a gradual process that took maybe a week per bottle.

Cocolocos Tue 25-Oct-16 21:28:48

DD is just over 10 months and really only has a decent breastfeed on waking and at bedtime. I do offer her a feed mid morning and early afternoon before her naps, but she seems to just comfort suck then. She has water from a cup which she drinks through the day. I didn't actively stop her feeds - she just became less interested, and started eating more. They do say that milk should still be the main source of nutrition at this age so don't worry. I was actually worried that DD wasn't getting enough milk, but I guess that they all do things in their own time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now