Talk

Advanced search

Son screaming his head off

(4 Posts)
butterfly92 Mon 24-Oct-16 17:03:41

Hi all. I am an anxious mum here constantly worrying about my son!! ) one week old today.

Earlier on I gave him 3oz cow and gate milk (bottle fed) then about an hour later he starts screaming murder!! As in properly waaah waaah screaming And I was scared I thought maybe he is gassy so i will burp him but didnt work! I did the cycling motion on his legs and nothing happened he just cried.. then stopped, as he was about to sleep, he started crying again! I am terrified Ive overfed him and harmed him sad please tell me this cannot happen!! I feed him on demand so if he is full then he is full . Does this sound like gas / constipation? He does pooh eg he y day several times but not runny they're normal stools.

Lennoxjones Mon 24-Oct-16 17:05:39

I would have tried feeding him again. Their tummies are so tiny xx

Mishaps Mon 24-Oct-16 17:09:07

If it is too much he will bring it up. He may of course be hungry. Or a bit of colic. It is tough being a new mum and takes a while for you to be able to understand what he is trying to tell you. You are unlikely to harm him by offering him a bit more - he will not take it if he does not want it.

FATEdestiny Mon 24-Oct-16 17:12:48

Have you tried giving a dummy to suck? It will help him sleep.

You can't overfeed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now