Talk

Advanced search

High back booster with isofix?

(3 Posts)
Shootingstar2289 Sun 23-Oct-16 17:29:57

Hi, my son is five and he is a Joie high back booster. Sometimes I feel like the seat isn't stable so have been looking at alternatives. I've noticed you can buy high back boosters with isofix fittings.

Are they worth the money? I would of thought they were safer but have read isofix doesn't make much difference with high backs.

Any advice?

BertieBotts Sun 23-Oct-16 17:33:42

The main reason to use isofix with a HBB is to stop the booster moving around inside the car both when the child is getting in/out and when the booster is empty (you're supposed to strap the seat in, even when your child isn't in it, as if you had a crash it would become a projectile. But hardly anyone does.)

It won't make any difference at all to safety, it's just convenience.

Cheerybigbottom Sun 23-Oct-16 17:38:32

We have a high back booster with isofix tethers. I was delighted thinking it was an extra safety feature but I've been told it's to keep the seat still when empty.

Used the seat in a different car without isofix tethers and he was going 'woaaaaah' on the corners lol as the seat shifted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now