How to protect things from being puked /pooed on?

(11 Posts)
bradleybecky Wed 19-Oct-16 08:57:49

First time mum wondering how to protect the brand new car seat. ..crib. ..pram!!! Any tips would be appreciated x

Spudlet Wed 19-Oct-16 09:01:31

You don't grin

Just make sure you always have lots of muslins and wipes to hand and roll with it.

TeaBelle Wed 19-Oct-16 09:01:42

Crib and pram - sheets. Car seat - no idea!!

CoffeeAndOranges Wed 19-Oct-16 09:02:05

Muslins under baby whenever you put him/her down, and lower standards grin

PeepshowPeg Wed 19-Oct-16 09:03:27

You can't!
However, most things come with removable padding, straps and bits so in the event of poo and vom (and mushed food as they get older) you can wash as required.

CoffeeAndOranges Wed 19-Oct-16 09:06:26

You'll know you're there on lowering your standards when you are about to leave the house, notice dried baby puke on your top (obviously not a clean one as you don't have time to do enough washing to wear clean clothes every day), and just lick your finger and rub at it, then carry on.

My son is nearly 11 months now and a lot less puky but it really doesn't take long for you not to care about being covered in their bodily fluids- after all, it all came from inside you anyway!

I am a proper sloven though.

Spudlet Wed 19-Oct-16 09:16:06

Snot, snot everywhere... DS keeps wiping his nose on me angryenvy

You have to soak snotty things in cold salt water or the snot doesn't wash off, it just gets cleaned a bit confused

muminboots Wed 19-Oct-16 09:20:43

Muslins everywhere - dd was a pukey baby so I just got in the habit of a muslin under her head at all times - easier to wash and dry. Mountains of laundry. It gets better with time I promise!

melibu84 Wed 19-Oct-16 09:20:52

Muslins under baby whenever you put him/her down, and lower standards

This.

Don't be so precious. I am constantly covered in or cleaning up spit up or drool, but it's ok because I'm getting lots of cuddles with DS :D

megletthesecond Wed 19-Oct-16 09:23:45

You don't with a small baby. Sick and poo can run off everything and go everywhere. I was usually too knackered to do a scrupulous clean up. Cloths help a bit.

Dixiechick17 Wed 19-Oct-16 14:18:12

I loved vanish soap bar, bit 16 months in I am Less borthered and wet wipe or use antibacterial wipes. Our car seat has a spare cover so can be washed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now