Mat leave expectations

(4 Posts)
Steph8552 Tue 18-Oct-16 12:05:59

Anyone else not particularly enjoying mat leave. I thought I'd be out and about with my DS and enjoying taking him places but instead I just sit in all day. He has reflux disease and so vomits rather a lot despite treatment and so I'm terrified to take him out. My husband works from home and I thought he'd enjoy having his son around for cuddles but he seems to hate both me and the baby being here. I have until next July off but thinking of going back to work after Christmas. I love my little guy very much but just not enjoying my time off at all as it's not really what I expected.

3luckystars Tue 18-Oct-16 12:17:33

It's hard, some days are very hard. My daughter has reflux but I have her up in a sling mostly so it's easier to get out that way. Only for picking up /dropping the kids at school, I would stay in most days!

Don't go back to work early if you don't have to. Things will be much easier in the new year and you will be just starting to enjoy your son a bit more. Or maybe not but there is no need to make big decisions today. Just go with it for now, it's really hard but it won't always be this way.

Your husband shouldn't be making you feel like a spare part in your own house, it's hard enough without that negativity. Can he go somewhere else to work sometimes?

T0ddlerSlave Tue 18-Oct-16 19:28:49

It's not easy with a refluxy baby in the winter, but come the spring when your LO is much less refluxy, and it's lovely and warm out, you'll enjoy it sooo much more.

CPtart Tue 18-Oct-16 19:41:43

I had both winter and summer babies. Mat leave was dull regardless of the weather. I went back to work pt at four and five months respectively, some semblance of normality returned and I felt massively better.
Don't be quick to make a decision though, babies change quickly, just not quickly enough for some!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now