Talk

Advanced search

My LO keeps on pooing today and yesterday .. He is 1 year and 1 month

(11 Posts)
2015mom Fri 14-Oct-16 16:33:29

Hi

My LO is 1 year and 1 month and today and yesterday keeps on pooping. Yesterday he did 5, today he has done about 7 and he has just done one as I was typing this thread.

His bum is so sore poor boy ... Everytime I change him cries, I put nappy rash cream on but his bum is still sore.

I am hoping it's just teething, surely it must be.

He has been drinking cow's milk since he was 1 and he is now 1 year and 1 month so surely if he was allergic to cows milk he would have reacted to it earlier. But I was giving him cows milk at 10 months with his breakfast so surely he would have been pooing loads then.

Please help I feel so sorry for him because his bum is so sore

2015mom Fri 14-Oct-16 16:42:35

Sorry to be graphic but his poos are runny so either he has diarreah, he's teething or lactose intolerant.

Surely if he is lactose intolerant he would have reacted sooner to cows milk

Nottalotta Fri 14-Oct-16 19:13:40

My ds did this a couple if weeks ago. Hes 14 months and normally poops once or twice a day, and never gets sore. One day he did about 7 and yes very runny and very very sore poor boy. It was down to teething, he had 4 molars come through that week.

TheRedCarWon Fri 14-Oct-16 19:17:59

I remember mine went through phases of pooing a lot. One particular day, between the two of them (who were both in nappies at this point) they pooed something like 15 times.
The Dr said that things like teething or viral infections can make their stools loose and a bit mucousy. It passes after a week or so.

PontypandyPioneer Fri 14-Oct-16 19:25:04

My DS went through this when he was 7 months old for 9 weeks and docs kept saying it was a bug. Turned out to be secondary lactose intolerance - where he had had a stomach bug which causes the temporary intolerance. I kept him off dairy for a while and it cleared up. He's 2 now and while he's usually fine on dairy, I know to keep him off it when he's sick.

2015mom Sat 15-Oct-16 11:50:34

Thank you guys

It got better overnight this morning it was much better but now it's 11 o'clock and he has done three poos and I change them very quickly but he has cut his skin open from the poo... Bit worried about putting cream on the open wound because it will sting.:: I've put nappy rash cream everywhere else

2015mom Sat 15-Oct-16 11:51:42

You said you keep your LO of dairy when he is ill...what about milk?

PontypandyPioneer Sun 16-Oct-16 12:00:11

When he was younger we used SMA lactose free formula (I could only find it in boots) and have also used lactofree fresh milk off the shelf.

I hope he gets better - let me know!

jesterkat Sun 16-Oct-16 12:07:20

Have you tried him with eggs? Does he have any allergies? If he is ok with eggs try using egg white on his bum. Wash and dry his bum so its dry and cover /paint it with cool egg white out of fridge allow to dry ( use hairdryer) paint second layer dry and put nappy back on. Repeat at each change. It wont stop frequent changes but will help bum to heal. You should only do it on open sores if you know he isn't allergic to egg but it really does work and quickly too. Google it, tis an old remedy for nappy rash. Nappy off time will help too.

2015mom Sun 16-Oct-16 20:32:30

Thanks for the advice everybody

I have him milk earlier this afternoon and he did a poo straight after.

I thought it might be because we put honey in because of his cough but he just had some milk without honey about 7.30 before he went to sleep and did another poo... We are now thinking it is the milk... We changed it from Aldi 4 pint milk to Sainsbury 6 pint bottles - full fat milk.....

Can milk from a different store have an affect on a baby's poo....

He has been breast fed until 1 year old and has been on cow's milk as a drink since he turned one.... Gradually I gave him a bottle a week then second week increased it to two bottles, third week to three bottles and a little breast milk.... Now the fourth week he is on three bottles a day of cow's milk... And of course milk cereal for breakfast

Maybe he cannot handle so much cow's milk

Believeitornot Mon 17-Oct-16 21:21:40

Maybe he has an upset tummy?

Try him back on formula wirh no cows milk for a few days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now