Talk

Advanced search

2 week old overly uncomfortable??

(8 Posts)
JaclynLouise Thu 13-Oct-16 13:39:56

My 2 weeks old hasn't been herself the past day, she is pooing less and she seems to get upset and squirm uncomfortably when she does go, but the consistency of it hasn't changed so I'm not concerned she's constipated.. she does get put down more while I do chores and that because I have a toddler whereas my first was basically attached to me, but lately she's been very clingy and just wants to be held by me.
She's still feeding well (breast fed) and she doesn't wind very easily anyway, but she just seems rather upset and unhappy. Any ideas what it could be? Thanks xx

beela Thu 13-Oct-16 13:41:39

Could you put her in a sling?

MoreGilmoreGirls Thu 13-Oct-16 13:44:13

At 2 weeks old I'd say she's a bit young to be put down. I have a 12 week old and a toddler so I sympathise but could not really put the baby down for any period before about 8 weeks. I got a sling!

JaclynLouise Thu 13-Oct-16 14:33:56

Sorry that sounds bad, she's on a backwards cycle and literally sleeps all day and is up all night, so when I say she gets out down more than my other one it's cus she's usually fast asleep, she spends all night in my arms awake or not and I cuddle her in the day when I can smile
I have a sling but it's a baba sling and although it's helpful I can't help feel she gets a bit lost in there or sits awkwardly, I do have an actually carrier that you clip all around you and sits them upright but I haven't tried it up until now

beela Thu 13-Oct-16 16:39:44

Sounds like maybe she needs to be upright and that will help if she's having wind issues.

The wrap ones are good - I used a caboo close for my DD, it was brilliant.

pictish Thu 13-Oct-16 16:42:22

Colic perhaps?

Gilmore - you never put your baby down for two months? Wow! I'd have gone bonkers without a break!

JaclynLouise Thu 13-Oct-16 17:20:47

Actually I have a wrap somewhere from my last one, very good once on but can be a bit of a fuss to get sorted! She's fiiiinally had a good feed and sleep now, I had thought of colic but I don't know the signs.. I hope it's not that!
She's laying in her bouncer at the moment so she is slightly upright but not too much smile

JaclynLouise Thu 13-Oct-16 20:27:05

Think I'm worrying myself a bit now, she's luckily getting wind more sleep after being up for quite a while feeding on and off, but sometimes she just squirms and tenses while crying (as if to poo but as I said her poo is still normal and she's done a few today) and even gets a bit red in the face!
She's also a rather sweaty baby, I've just set up the gro egg to monitor out room but I really do worry about her overheating as I know the risks of that! sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now