Talk

Advanced search

What's your daily routine for a 15m

(19 Posts)
Matchstickbox Wed 12-Oct-16 19:12:45

DD is kinda trying the one nap a day thing.
It's not working so well in that we have either a late nap and late bedtime. Grrr
Or early and early bedtime but up early the next day.
I can seem to get times right so just wanted to know a "normal" day.
Ta.

Tinks15 Wed 12-Oct-16 19:32:13

Following

OreoHeaven Wed 12-Oct-16 19:37:12

For us no such thing as normal. Today was a mid morning short nap which fell over the usual time we would eat lunch and lunch itself was screamed at.

Matchstickbox Wed 12-Oct-16 19:46:51

Oh I recognise that kinda day.
I miss two naps a day and semi regular intervals to organise myself around.

You don't need to only post if it works any ideas welcome!

Dixiechick17 Wed 12-Oct-16 19:47:05

My DD is 16 months, she goes to nursery three days a week, at nursery she naps for 1-2 hours after lunch, so around 12.30. At home with me, she usually goes down for her nap around 11 and sleeps till 1ish. We usually do main activities in the morning, like classes which tends to knacker her out. She then goes to bed around 6.45 and wakes at around 6am. For us, no matter how late she goes to bed, she will still wake up around the same time.

PurpleOneWithTheNutIn Wed 12-Oct-16 20:03:59

My youngest gets up between 6.30 and 7.30 depending on when we leave the house, and has a 1.5 to 2 hour nap (most often 1.5 hr) about 12 every day. Then bed between 7.30 to 8pm.

This is in an ideal world when his teeth aren't hurting him/his brother wakes him up/he decides to wake up and have a screaming fit at 2am (happened twice this week already)

It's hard to get into a routine when they drop a nap. Keeping them awake as long as you can in the morning seems to work for me, give dinner then nap. Good luck!

Matchstickbox Wed 12-Oct-16 20:14:47

God forbid she has sleeps beyond 15:30 tho or it's a 21:00 bedtime. Too late for me.
It's been a good three months of unrest now.
I'm going to go for up at 6:30 breakfast to the park the home for snack and nap for 11:30/12ish..... for two hours.... hopefully.

GiveMyHeadPeaceffs Wed 12-Oct-16 20:20:33

My ds is 16m and has two naps a day usually lasting 30 minutes (if we're lucky!) But he goes down happily between 6-6.30 and sleeps until 7 am when we have to wake him to head to work. He's always been a good sleeper but I try not to let him sleep after 4pm as it just puts him off kilter.

PurpleOneWithTheNutIn Wed 12-Oct-16 20:22:24

Sounds like a good plan. But 3 months??!! I'd be going slowly crazy. A few weeks at a time was enough for me

PurpleOneWithTheNutIn Wed 12-Oct-16 20:22:59

More than enough even! Argh I need an early night myself!

Artandco Wed 12-Oct-16 20:27:25

Mine have never had bedtime before 9pm, it's suits us and 6-9pm is then family time and dinner etc after work.

At 15 months they naps twice I think still

Wake: 8.30am
Nap: 11-12am
Nap 3-5pm
Bed: 10pm

NickyEds Wed 12-Oct-16 21:11:36

My dd is 15 months and her day is:
7.45-8 am wake up
1-3 nap
7.30- bed

She switched to one nap around her 1st birthday whilst we were on holiday and I love it as now her and ds nap at the same time!

Matchstickbox Thu 13-Oct-16 07:03:30

Ta muchly.

NickyEds Thu 13-Oct-16 08:24:07

Dd has been much easier to settle into one nap than ds was! Ds was waking at 5 am everyday when we switched to one nap, he was obviously tired by 10 so would want to nap then followed by either a grouchy afternoon or a second nap which led to either early or late bedtime- either way he was up at 5. I had a loooooong week of keeping him awake all morning, then giving him lunch and putting him down after, there were a couple of days of having lunch at 11 am the 11.15 and so until it was pushed to 12 with a nap after. Once we'd cracked it he started to sleep until 6.30 in the morning though so it was worth it.

Babymamamama Thu 13-Oct-16 08:28:41

I think dd used to nap mid morning and then again mid afternoon. The pm one required more rocking cajoling etc to get to sleep. I used to try to time naps to happen straight after bottles of follow on milk. And then I would try to put her to bed at half seven ish. I'm describing the ideal and it obviously didn't always work out like that.

waitingforsomething Thu 13-Oct-16 13:32:42

DS is a few days away from 15 months and I pushed him towards 1 nap a day about a month ago when we started having a lot of trouble with two.

My attempted routine is that DS and I faff about in the mornings, older DD goes to pre-school so we run errands or go to a playgroup. I try to put him down around 12.30 after an early-ish lunch and get him up no later than 2.30 so he's ready for bed by around 7 as I like my evenings and older DD needs to go to bed by then anyway.

In reality, about half the week this goes tits up because he will have a) woken ridiculously early b)woken really late c) fallen asleep in the pushchair at around 11am, d) refused lunch then won't nap or have a short nap and wake up hungry. But this is my attempted day to day routine!!

Caterina99 Fri 14-Oct-16 05:34:58

DS is nearly 16 months and our routine is roughly

Up between 6 and 7
Lunch around 12 and nap around 12.30/1 Ideally 2 hours or more.
Bed at 7. earlier if he hasn't napped well.

I find the mornings difficult to fill sometimes, but it is nice to have the longer nap and the longer stretch of time to get stuff done.

Nottalotta Sat 15-Oct-16 19:05:15

Ds is almost 15 months and has never napped well, only really in the pram. Agh. But the last few weeks even our two pram.naps a day have gone to pot so I feel he may be heading for one nap. He is always up early, 5-5.30 usually. He would nap around 9/10 and 2/3 ish. Bedtime started at 6 with a bath, aiming for sleep at 7.

But, he's had a few 1.5 hour morning naps recently with nothing in the afternoon, then last week my mum had him and he didn't sleep til 1.30! Today we were on a long drive and he slept 9.30 -10.30 then fell asleep again on the way home 1-2.

I find it hard to set or change a routine as he's with mum or Mil three days a week while I work. Really need to push the cot naps as am pregnant and don't fancy walking with the pram all winter!

Touchacat Sun 16-Oct-16 10:38:51

I had problems fitting in two naps and making sure dd was sufficiently tired for bedtime at 7pm. So I recently transitioned to one nap and it's been much better.
She's 15 months, tends to wake around 6:30 and the day works best if she goes down late morning (around 11:00) and sleeps until no later than 1 or 1:30. It does mean she is shattered by bedtime but if she naps later we end up with a nightmare bedtime! A middle of the day nap is a pain for activities and I don't rule my life around it too strictly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now