Talk

Advanced search

Ikea Pax in kids rooms - how did you design yours?

(12 Posts)
justonesherryformedicinalpurpo Sun 09-Oct-16 15:17:14

My two daughters have a small bedroom and a lot of clothing! The best storage solution I can think of is the Ikea Pax range.

My setup will mostly likely be three 50cm frames. The two outside frames will have a couple of draws and two 50cm rails. So (two each). And the middle frame will be a combination of draws and shelves for them to share.

However, I am keen to know how you designed your children's pax wardrobes?

Thanks all!

dementedpixie Sun 09-Oct-16 15:25:10

Ds has a hanging rail and 3 drawer baskets.

justonesherryformedicinalpurpo Sun 09-Oct-16 16:18:20

Wow very spacious! What height is yours demented?

dementedpixie Sun 09-Oct-16 16:23:14

That's the smaller one at 201cm. It's 100cm wide

dementedpixie Sun 09-Oct-16 16:24:59

Ds hasn't got room for a chest of drawers so we use the baskets as drawers instead for trousers, joggies, pyjamas, etc

AveEldon Sun 09-Oct-16 16:25:19

We have a 50cm wide with 2 hanging rails & a mirror door
Then a 100cm wide with 4 wooden drawers and 1 hanging rail - no doors as the doors won't fit with the wooden drawers

justonesherryformedicinalpurpo Sun 09-Oct-16 17:14:57

Wow loads of room! I'm planning to use draws for trousers etc. as also no room for a chest! Thank goodness for Ikea!

Oh really Ave?! As I was planning on having wooden drawers and doors! Perhaps I haven't read the information properly!

Blowninonabreeze Sun 09-Oct-16 17:21:33

We've just made PAX wardrobes in 2 rooms this weekend.

DD has 2 X 75 cm tall ones with sliding doors.

In the right hand one she has 5 drawers then shelving all the way up (she can't reach the top 2 shelves. I have pull out boxes on them to store out of season clothes.)

In the left hand one she has a pull out basket, then a trouser rack and a hanging rail above that. (Plus 2 unreachable shelves again)

You can have wooden drawers with sliding doors. I believe they clash with the hinges on opening doors, but there are ways around that. (Eg use pull out baskets at the bottom instead of a wooden drawer) if you use the pax planner on their website it will advise you of clashes

Blowninonabreeze Sun 09-Oct-16 17:31:48

Photo of DDs set up from the PAX planner

AveEldon Sun 09-Oct-16 17:41:55

Yes the wooden drawers and door hinges clash - it's okay if you don't want a drawer where the hinges go

Blowninonabreeze Sun 09-Oct-16 17:50:08

The baskets (in the bottom of dd's wardrobe) are comparable with the hinges. As we have those in another wardrobe for that reason. Plus, they're cheaper!!

Blowninonabreeze Sun 09-Oct-16 17:52:20

Reading your OP again, I'd perhaps be tempted to do 2 X 75cm rather than 3 X 50cm, the 50 is pretty narrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now