Ideas of healthy snacks please!

(4 Posts)
boopdoop Sun 09-Oct-16 11:30:29

My DS is 2.6 years, and I'm struggling to work out what snacks to give him. We do cheddars and bredsticks, Pom bears, cereal bars, but can't think what else... he won't eat fruit (does at nursery but can't get him to ever touch it at home, grrrr!) any suggestions?

neversleepagain Sun 09-Oct-16 12:24:58

Cheese, crackers, dried fruit if he doesn't like fresh fruit, boiled egg, popcorn, cucumber, peppers, carrot sticks, nuts but watch him carefully with these for choking.

MeredithShepherd Sun 09-Oct-16 19:00:39

My DS is 2.8 and loves nuts, breadsticks and rice cakes (with houmous), cucumber and carrot sticks, any type of fruit but water melon slices or blueberries are his favourites, smoothies (avocado and mango is always a winner and he normally hates avocado), raisins or cheese

FireflyGirl Sun 09-Oct-16 20:35:08

Veg sticks and hummus, peanut butter on apple slices, crackers, blueberries are a favourite here too, breadsticks, oatcakes, babybel, homemade flapjack (oats, bananas, honey), homemade carrot stars (carrots, breadcrumbs, cheese & eggs). I use Pinterest a lot grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now