Talk

Advanced search

10 week old eating less

(2 Posts)
smallplainblonde Thu 06-Oct-16 22:14:41

Hoping for some advice. My little girl is 10 weeks old and for the last day or 2 she's been out of sorts. She's a brilliant baby, very placid, sleeps through and always feeds well (formula fed). Yesterday she wouldn't take her usual bottle before bed and today she would only take 3oz at a time, she usually takes 5 or 6. She hasn't taken anything now since 5pm and just keeps crying hysterically when I try to feed her. She doesn't have a temperature and is smiling and happy at times but definitely crying more than usual. She's had a normal amount of wet and dirty nappies too. Should I bring her to the GP tomorrow? She's only eaten 13oz today which is really concerning me! Thanks in advance.

KatyN Fri 07-Oct-16 07:57:54

Normally taking less milk for a few bottles is just a sign of 'something (be it teeth or under the weather' but if she hasn't taken anything for a couple of bottles I would talk to your gp or health visitor. They will check for signs of dehydration (something odd happens to their soft bit in their head).
Hope she had an alright night,
Kx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now