Talk

Advanced search

No more dummies

(6 Posts)
LeighaP Tue 04-Oct-16 21:29:40

Hi I have just got rid of our daughters dummies as she was very attached to them and is getting bigger now as her mum I know longer fought she needed them anymore we did a special fairy bag and woke up with presents in the morning she is struggling at night she falls to sleep watching paw patrol which is a favourite at the Moment!
What are other parents opinions ? smile x

Soubriquet Tue 04-Oct-16 21:33:17

Do what works but personally I don't rush getting rid of the dummy.

We don't rush potty training or weaning so why do we rush getting rid of their comforter?

LeighaP Tue 04-Oct-16 21:35:33

She wasn't having it thought out the day but I don't want to now confuse her by giving it back yes that's true il see how she does.

Shadowboy Tue 04-Oct-16 21:36:40

Mine turned 2 yesterday and still has a dummy- she's only allowed it in bed and I haven't bothered ridding her of it as it works- i shut the door at 8pm, lights off and she's content and falls asleep. I check on her at about 10pm before I go to bed and it's fallen out of her mouth so don't see the issue

Soubriquet Tue 04-Oct-16 21:36:58

We had to give Dd hers back when we suddenly took it away before I wised up

She turned into an anxious little ball and constantly kept crying over the silliest things.

Tried again a few months later and she hasn't asked for it since. She was 3.4 when it finally went

LeighaP Tue 04-Oct-16 21:49:33

She is nearly 3 and is fine during the day it's normally the going to sleep she ask for it but is quite content if I sit and cuddle her while we watch tv she just seems to have quite late nights at the moment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now