Talk

Advanced search

drinking

(7 Posts)
Mumtwoboys2 Tue 04-Oct-16 20:34:44

Hello,

I am a bit worried that my son, he is 18 months, drinks a bit too little water. He is having a couple of sips several times a day but never full or at least half cup. Does anyone wants to share their toddlers drinking habits?

dementedpixie Wed 05-Oct-16 12:33:16

Does he still take milk? My Dd never drank much (still doesn't) whereas ds will down his quickly. Both seem healthy enough

Mumtwoboys2 Wed 05-Oct-16 13:27:30

yes he drinks formula.

Bagina Wed 05-Oct-16 13:31:38

Dc1 couldn't get enough water, dc2 doesn't drink much, hates water, I give them squash. Is there any reason he drinks formula?

Coconut0il Wed 05-Oct-16 17:43:23

DS2 is 13 months, he is still bf morning and night. He has a sippy cup and a sports type bottle that we fill with water in the morning and just leave near him during the day. He does pick them up and has a drink when he wants. He seems to drink more this way than when we are watching him.
DS1 didn't drink much water so had very weak juice.

Ineededtonamechange Wed 05-Oct-16 18:07:46

I give my DS very very diluted fresh juice/squash (would taste more like water to adults) when he hasn't been drinking enough - then when he gets back into the habit of drinking more, wean him back onto water.

Generally, though, he would drink more than that. We also give him water in a non spill cup overnight and he will drink from that.

He is older now - preschooler, but we used these tactics from a younger age!

Mumtwoboys2 Wed 05-Oct-16 18:26:33

Thanks guys! I will try to leave a bottle in a visible place, maybe that encourages himsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now