Talk

Advanced search

is ranitadine causing ds2 to cry

(7 Posts)
kiki22 Sat 01-Oct-16 04:42:35

He started it Tuesday and is becoming increasingly unsettled and has been crying lots when he previously rarely cried coil the ranitidine be causing it?

kiki22 Sat 01-Oct-16 09:29:17

Anyone?? Poor ds2 has been crying since 3am

EstelleRoberts Sat 01-Oct-16 09:37:28

How old is your DS? Is he on ranitidine for reflux?

Sorry to hear he has been crying for so long, that is tough on you all. Does he have a temperature?

LaylaDoesAHipToss Sat 01-Oct-16 09:42:48

Could be, Kiki. My son was on Ranitidine to help counterbalance some meds he was on and we were warned that it may not agree with him. He experienced chronic headaches and was constantly crying for 24hours solid [he's normally a placid, mild-mannered little boy]. The Consultant witnessed his side effects first-hand and so changed his meds immediately.

Totally different child.

Heirhelp Sat 01-Oct-16 09:47:29

Why was he put on ranitidine?

kiki22 Sat 01-Oct-16 20:32:40

Sorry for the lateness I left my phone at home today. Its for reflux he pooped about 6 times but has seemed to be calming back down ever since though still very fussy but no screaming. He had Gaviscon which made him constipated before the ranitidine I'm wondering if it was just that leaving his system as poo went from green clay like to yellow and softer.

Heirhelp Sun 02-Oct-16 20:18:15

Rantadine works very quickly to reduce stomach acid but it takes 5 days for the acid burns in his throat to heal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now